Open1215

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I loaded up 100 more 9mm at 9.4g

Also I have a 9mm trubor barrel on the way that will go in my 5in. I still have the 2 commander length blanks in 9mm. I going put a commander slide on my gun for a bit to try a shorty. See if it's my new favorite flavor or not.

Overall without the horrible length restrictions of glock mags I do like 9 a bit better now. If swapping the cmore fixes the issue I'm going to go 9 for practice for certain!

Looking for load data for STI SteelMaster (Steel Master, Match master) MatchMaster guns in 9 Major. Right now, I am running 7.4grs of LongShot under a 124 JHP MGB, at 1.165 AOL and CCI 400 SRP. Running great in the Steel Master with a few hickups with the brass not clearing. Some stove pipes and some length ways. I am thinking its the extractor and the C-more mount.

What mount are you running? If it's the stock mount and stock extractor that's part of the issue. If you like 90* mounts go that way. If not they can be tuned around it. I love a cmore at 90 so that's what I'm doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. Swapped the mount for a 90* and the gun runs 100% on 9 or 38 SC with my mags and no spacers.

I had 2 loads

VV 3n38 9.4g MG JHP 115g

Hodgdon HS-6 8.5g MG JHP 115g

Both shot great! I decided to see what I liked more and I honestly couldn't tell a difference at all! Even when loaded mixed in a mag I couldn't tell what load was what...

I do know 8.5g hs-6 was waaay easier to load and didn't come close to a full case so that's a very big bonus, no powder everywhere. It's also 10-15$ cheaper so that's a big bonus as well.

1.153"

I want to chrono that again. Out of 10 shots I only got three measurements. Everything else was Error error error. It was a very overcast day, I have lights for it, they just didn't seem to be having the desired effect that time.

Hello all. I had a 9 maj glock and liked it but I switched to a 2011 in 38 supercomp and never looked back.

So I have a hand full of 124g bullets and several thousand 115g.

Looking for 9mm major data. I will start low and use a chrono.

Just looking for the go to loads.

Thanks all!

3n38

Win autocomp

CFE pistol

Hs6

Longshot

I know these are good for 9mm major. What's your favorite recipe? It will be shot out of a trubor.

Thank you.

8.1gr HS-6, 124gr MG CMJ, 1.160, 173PF.

I really love the consistency of 3N38 though it can be a pain to load on my 650 as the case is quite full. Data is from my FGW 5" 9mm with 3 holes...

115gr PD JHP 1.160 OAL

CCI SPP

9.2 grains 3N38

173PF

124gr PD JHP 1.160 OAL

CCI SPP

8.8 grains 3N38

175PF

BiggMike,

What gun are you using to get the above data, please? Length barrel, type comp, Popple holes, etc.

Thanks,

Suprisingly, these numbers match on two seperate guns. Those numbers came from a Trubor I had. 5 inch with no popple holes. Currently, I am shooting a CK Arms Blackout, 5 in barrel, 3 popple holes and I think a CCG comp, 4 vents. The PF was pretty much the same. Here are some chrono results from my CK open gun using 8.1 and 8.3 grs. this was shot in south Florida and the outside temp was about 83 degrees.

CK Arms 9MM Blackout Chronograph.pdf

Edited by BiggMike