Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Giving 9 major a 2nd look.

Open1215

Hello all. I had a 9 maj glock and liked it but I switched to a 2011 in 38 supercomp and never looked back.

So I have a hand full of 124g bullets and several thousand 115g.

Looking for 9mm major data. I will start low and use a chrono.

Just looking for the go to loads.

Thanks all!

3n38

Win autocomp

CFE pistol

Hs6

Longshot

I know these are good for 9mm major. What's your favorite recipe? It will be shot out of a trubor.

Thank you.

Edited by Open1215

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been using 115g and 124g with WAC but some of the best open shooters in the mid-west swear by 115g with HS6.

I tried both but didn't see enough difference to replace my 50lbs of WAC WITH HS6

I just chrono'd my 9 major load today just to double check for an upcoming sectional match. 124 Bayou with 6.8 of Autocomp at 1.165". Makes 176PF and runs well in my gun.

Screen shot of my load data.

post-43369-0-84077100-1444250385_thumb.p

Edited by scottlep

That's a few votes for 7.8 wac and a 115jhp. I will load up some wac tonight as well as some 3n38 and see if I like it. If all else fails I can sell my 9mm top ends. 9mm sells faster it seems.

Also any barrel holes?

Edited by Open1215

Hello: 115 grain Montana Gold JHP's, Winchester small rifle primers, 8.8 grains of HS-6, 1.170" OAL is a great place to start. Lots of gas that will work the comp. Auto Comp is a lighter harsher but it take about 7.6 grains with the 115's. You are gonna love 9mm. Thanks, Eric

Well I set the press for 9mm tonight. I loaded some 3n38 under a 115 I hope to shoot tomorrow and see what's going on. I had a really odd thing on the beginning of the down stroke the lever on my 650 was sticking? It was like the powder bar was catching after it was done flailing? Is there a different flair tube for 9 then 38?

Spotless. I deprime then stainless steel pin wet tublmble. Looks good as new. I do the same with my 38 supercomp and I have not had this issue with 38.

The brass being so clean might be the culprit. And, 38s is a straight walled case, where 9mm is tapered case.

Spotless. I deprime then stainless steel pin wet tublmble. Looks good as new. I do the same with my 38 supercomp and I have not had this issue with 38.

I had "sticking" on the powder funnel until I started lubing the cases after tumbling. I use Dillon Case Lube but One shot works as well. A couple of squirts on 2000 cases lying on a towel, pick up the ends of the towel and roll the brass back and forth to distribute the cases.

Ok. Finally got a chance to go to the range and I am impressed. Now I only shot 100 rounds but not giving a poo about brass was very nice. I picked up the 1st piece to check primers and such.

9g VV 3n38 under a gold dot 115g jhp @ 1.166

Very soft. Very nice. Only a 162pf. Going to load up 9.2 and 9.5 and go from there.

I had issues with extraction. To be expected honestly, the gun runs 38SC or TJ. The cmore mount being a serendipity was also an issue. Popping a 90* on and going to give it a go. I have 2 9mm barrels I was going to bore 9x23 but I may not even do that now.

Thank you all. Still love to hear 9 loads for 115s!

Ya. 9.4 may be closer to what I need. 5in barrel. Trubor w slightly bigger ports(I believe). 3 poppet holes @90*224e6fd7ba6aa928ff7571b425a680aa.jpg

Also I want to apologize for any kittens that may have been killed as a result of shooting 9maj from a 38 sc barrel... :goof: