Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinnest grips for stock II

Justinmac13

I am looking for a set of grips and like the EGD extreams, but do they make different sizes like the shadow, thick and thin? What have you guys found to be the thinnest grips available to replace the stock wood grips. Has anyone tried to sand down the stock ones to fit flatter?

Egd are one size, they are thinnest so falr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, EG are the thinnest I've tried. I don't think you can go a whole lot thinner than them but maybe so. They actually were a little too thin for me but better than the wood grips. The Scales I'm running now are a perfect fit in my opinion. Right between the wood grips and the EG grips

I just got the egd grips and they make the gun feel thin which is what I need for my tiny hands. Plus I think they look awesome.

That blue does look great, I was thinking silver/gray, But now I may have to change my mind as that looks really nice. Does it feel about like the shadow? My shadow fits my hands perfectly, so i'd like them to be as close as possible.

These are stock wood grips sanded down and contoured to be the same thickness as Henning grips (my preference), but you get the idea...

eaaWLP_01.jpg

I've seen you post pics of this gun before, but have never been able to understand how you got the grit tape to lay so flat. Do you mind filling us in on exactly what tape you used and what your process was for applying it. The only stuff I have ever used was very rigid, and would never have looked that good if I were to try to apply it like you have.

Sanded down stock Wood and applied grit. Worked great.

Sfinny

Do you have any pics of your grips

These are stock wood grips sanded down and contoured to be the same thickness as Henning grips (my preference), but you get the idea...

eaaWLP_01.jpg

eaaWLP_weight.jpg

I would not have guessed these were the stock grips, looks good.

I went ahead and just ordered the EG grips, well, payment got held up last night because I didn't let my credit card company know I was ordering from France. :angry2: Hopefully they will process my payment tonight and it will ship out tomorrow.

Just know that the factory grip screws are to fat for the metal grips so order the ones from eric. or you have to take a dremel sanding drum to the screw head to reduce the diameter of the screws.

Just know that the factory grip screws are to fat for the metal grips so order the ones from eric. or you have to take a dremel sanding drum to the screw head to reduce the diameter of the screws.

Thanks for the heads up, I did place the order for the torx grip screws but I didn't know the factory ones wouldnt work.

Yeah I was so excited to put my grips on when I got them then that that "aaaaahhhhh man" moment. I started to open up the grip hole then realized hey I can just sand down the screws. So one of my grips has some tooling marks around the screw while the other looks perfect.

I've seen you post pics of this gun before, but have never been able to understand how you got the grit tape to lay so flat. Do you mind filling us in on exactly what tape you used and what your process was for applying it. The only stuff I have ever used was very rigid, and would never have looked that good if I were to try to apply it like you have.

I use Dawson Precision grip tape. There really isn't anything special that I do to apply it. I used a belt sander to shape the grips and just made sure that the grips' surface didn't have any weird angles other than the curve to the back strap. I tried to mimic the Henning smooth contour grips that I have on my Limited gun (also covered in gray DP grip tape).

Archived