Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bens BOSS holster bracket

TANFARM

so do these hangers fit all bladetech and safariland holsters

They fit Bladetechs but need additional holes for Safariland. At one point Ben Stoeger Pro was going to make an adapter for the Safariland but very few people in USPSA use Safariland holsters.

I was the one who showed Ben how he could adapt his BOSS hoslter attachment for the Safariland ELS belt system (since I did it to mine).... if you have access to a drill press you can be operational in about 15 mins ...

Edited by Nimitz

so do these hangers fit all bladetech and safariland holsters

They fit Bladetechs but need additional holes for Safariland. At one point Ben Stoeger Pro was going to make an adapter for the Safariland but very few people in USPSA use Safariland holsters.

Found them on his pro shop but none in stock at the moment

You should be able to adjust lower. I can get mine low enough that it won't be SS legal and my production setup still has one more drop to go. Really does aid in drawing.

I went through USPSA rule book and did not see any restrictions on how low the holster can do. It only has limit on "maximum lateral distance of the handgun and mag/speedloaders from the inner side of the belt", and "hip bone" position restriction.

Where do you find how low the holster can go in the rule book?

5.2.7.2 A holster with the heel of the butt of the handgun below the top of the belt, except as specified in Appendix D, or otherwise indicated in Rule 5.2.8.

Missed this part in the appendix
APPENDIX D5 — Single-Stack Division
20 Holster and magazine holder restrictions
•Suitable for everyday use. “Race gun” type holster prohibited. •Must carry pistol so that the entire front strap (to the trigger guard) is at or above the top of the belt. Female shooters must carry the pistol no lower than the heel of the butt at the top of the belt.
Edited by terrydoc

5.2.7.2 A holster with the heel of the butt of the handgun below the top of the belt, except as specified in Appendix D, or otherwise indicated in Rule 5.2.8.

Thanks!

I tried it on the BOSS hanger (BladeTech holster). Even at the lowest setting, the heel of the butt of the gun still sticks above the belt by 1.5 - 2 inches. This may be gun specific but I do think a even lower setting would still be within the rules.

In SS the front strap of the gun has to be above the top of the belt. My son's holster is attached to one of my holster hangers in my avatar. He runs that setup for production. I could have a bracket on it that would allow for the gun to ride at mid-thigh but it wouldn't be legal or probably practical.

• 2 weeks later...

Received my boss hanger from Bens store last week ...simple to install and adjust.....locktite everything !!!!!!

If you are using a 2011 model make sure you order the 3/4" spacers....simply will not work with the shorter ones. I was shipped the wrong spacers.....Ben's store sent me the correct ones N/C....that's all I can ask...very satisfied with everything I've purchased from Stoegers place.........