Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wolff Competition Kit Experiences?

DT Guy

I highly recommend Wolff springs.

The reduced striker/extra power trigger spring will take roughly 1 1/4lb off your trigger pull. With this caveat, the large frame glocks( 20,21 etc.) can be quite choosie about primers with this striker spring. The rest ( 17,19, etc.) will still light off just about anything in my experience.

Hope this helps.

Daniel

Same experience here. Large pistol primers were a little more of a pain to set off reliably [this was years ago with a G20 & Fed primers]

My Vanek trigger & before that a homemade trigger both use the 4lb Wolff striker spring and has been perfect with both Winchester Small Rifle and Fed Small Pistol.

I've posted more than once my way of loading ammo for 100.000% ignition. Search on my username & you'll find it.

I've installed the Wolff kit in the G34 that I use both for matches and everyday carry. It took my G34's trigger pull from 6-3/4 pounds to 3-1/2. Over 3,000 rounds so far with the only failure to fire being one instance with Wolf (the Russian Wolf - still ironic, though, huh?). With every other type of ammo, including Winchester, it's been 100 percent.