Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tightloop, I was Fly Fishing for Permit in Key West!

j1b

What would you like to know?

Merlin is Correct, I do golf commentary to both BBC and some for The Golf Channel.

As for the picture in my profile, I am the one on the right!

Really just an avid golf fan - if you can't tell I am a huge fan of Tiger - specifically of his competitive drive.

Really just looking for some good stories - I firmly believe Golf and IPSC are roughly the same sport. Same requirements.

I admire Retief, Ernie, Freddie Couples and Tiger. They are the guys I really look up to.

Not so hot on Vijay or Phil - just differences in personality really. Both are GREAT golfers.

The dynamic of Greg Norman intrigues me - specifically that Masters he choked at.

So I saw the picture in your profile (knowing you were the one on the right ;) ) and was looking for some juice.

JB

Really just looking for some good stories - I firmly believe Golf and IPSC are roughly the same sport. Same requirements.

The dynamic of Greg Norman intrigues me - specifically that Masters he choked at.

JB

OH GOD! Please don't say Golf and IPSC are the same :blink: After being in the golf industry for 9 years I don't want to have to think that IPSC people are anywhere near as loopy, waco, crazy as golfers. :D

My brother played with Norman at the Western, seemed like a nice guy.

I'm sorry but while the mental aspect of the games may be similar, I just think golf is plain boring compared to running full tilt at a pile of target arrays whacking on a trigger. But that's just me.... ;)

Who said "Golf is a wonderful walk in the park ruined by a little white ball?" I'm with Hunter Thompson on this one - shotgun golf - yeah baby!

Zhunter - who's on the *left* in that pic???? I keep wanting to say it's Feherty, but I know that's not right - he looks too skinny..... ;) I know the voices, not the faces.....

I'll agree that the *mental* aspects of the games are similar, though slightly different, in that golf requires many periods periods of shorter duration intense focus. Other than that, golf and IPSC are worlds apart in my mind (and I do play both). When Tiger's on, though - his mind's a steel trap. I often imagine that he and Todd were in the same zone in their big years (Tiger winning four majors in a row, Todd winning pretty much every area match and both Nats, IIRC, w/ no no-shoots over the whole year, or something crazy like that....)

CarinaB

Golf may, I repeat, may be boring, but tournament golf is NOT boring!!! I did it for 15 years. It is an adrenaline rush like no other!

As for shooting and golf being similar, I am too new to IPSC to make a judgement on that. BUT, I can say that IPSC is a GREAT time and I am hooked.

j1b

Sorry, no juice, "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" :ph34r:

Any other questions are fair game! :D

ps: The guy on the left in the photo is John Murray, is a full time BBC correspondent

Golf may, I repeat, may be boring, but tournament golf is NOT boring!!!  I did it for 15 years.  It is an adrenaline rush like no other!

So you are saying tournament golf is more of a rush than tournament IPSC?!

Sorry, I find that a little hard to believe. Golf to me would be a longer rush, but blasting through a 30+ round field course in good time at a major match is right up there with jumping out of planes for me.

Of course, to each their own poison. ;)

Never played tournament golf, but it is one of the best games going...played for U of H in the late 60's but could not make the tournament team...was consistently scratch, but those guys were shooting 67, 66...so I was third string...but almost nothing is better than catching one flush on the screws ....

Great game...

Need to start a new thread about our fav golf stories...

Heck, if you let it, a simple $2 handicapped nassau can be exciting!!! It's all what you make of it. GREAT cross training on the mental aspects of going head to head, etc. If you can handle the learning curve (and the greens fees cost) for a little while, you can use golf to improve your shooting mind set....

It's not the same rush, but it'll get your heart pumping pretty good, for a long period of time!

Who said "Golf is a wonderful walk in the park ruined by a little white ball?"  I'm with Hunter Thompson on this one - shotgun golf - yeah baby!

Carina,

Bertrand Russel used to say something about golf and golfers, but I can't post it here 'cause it would not be polite towards the latters... :D

Who said "Golf is a wonderful walk in the park ruined by a little white ball?"  I'm with Hunter Thompson on this one - shotgun golf - yeah baby!

I had always thought it was Samuel Clemens but I got this from his quote site:

Golf is a good walk spoiled.

- This quote has been attributed to Mark Twain, but until the attribution can be verified, the quote should not be regarded as authentic.