Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problems with the C-More

Big Guy

Lately I noticed that if I don't turn the brightness all the away up, the dot will fade away during a long stage. It doesn't ussually happen in short stages, but its gettting worse. I had the bodies of both C-Mores replaced late last year.

Any Idea what is causing this? (I have a standard switch)

Dying battery? When's the last time you changed the battery? Is the switch notcibly "turned down" from it's starting position? I've noticed some of my Cmores' switches are harder to turn than others. Maybe the re-body changed the tension on your switches.

Edited by OPENB

Lately I noticed that if I don't turn the brightness all the away up, the dot will fade away during a long stage. It doesn't ussually happen in short stages, but its gettting worse. I had the bodies of both C-Mores replaced late last year.

Any Idea what is causing this? (I have a standard switch)

Is the knob moving?

New battery.

Main concern is that this happens to both of the Cmores which have the bodies replaced late last year.

In any event, they are headed to C-More for a switch adjustment.

I was just curious to see if someone else had this issue.

New battery.

Main concern is that this happens to both of the Cmores which have the bodies replaced late last year.

I did have the problem and it was the knob moving. I put on the Arredondo knob and o-ring and it is rock steady. The click switch would do the same thing but since I had the knob from a prize table, I tried it first. Works fine.

New battery.

I did have the problem and it was the knob moving. I put on the Arredondo knob and o-ring and it is rock steady. The click switch would do the same thing but since I had the knob from a prize table, I tried it first. Works fine.
Always heard the Arredondo knob was bad for the click switches? I would like to put them on mine if they are working ok for you

I had this same exact problem and would need to turn the dot back up during the stage. I contacted CMore and they advised I needed the switch tightened.

Got it back from them last Friday and ran it Saturday. No problems at all so far. The switch is noticeably tighter to operate though. Hopefully it stays tight like this through more use.

New battery.

Always heard the Arredondo knob was bad for the click switches? I would like to put them on mine if they are working ok for you

Basically, there is an o-ring that you press over the "switch" shaft. You then push the knob down until there is some friction between the ring and knob and tighten the set screw. It has been fine for a couple thousand rounds. The detents on the click switch should provide the same function. I am not sure if you would need to use the O-ring but the tab portion of the knob makes it a bit easier to manipulate with the larger hand, The C-mores that I have are amputee serendipity scopes with the standard switch.

SargeAlways heard the Arredondo knob was bad for the click switches? I would like to put them on mine if they are working ok for you

As far as I know they don't make one for the click version. Only fits the small shaft.

Edited by echotango

Hello: Is the switch easy to turn? If so then it is moving on you. I had one on a AR that did that all the time. Put on a clutch switch one on the AR and it works all the time. On my open gun the standard switch works fine. Just a note I have seen both types of switches go bad with a the click switch totally stop working. Thanks, Eric

Hello: Is the switch easy to turn? If so then it is moving on you. I had one on a AR that did that all the time. Put on a clutch switch one on the AR and it works all the time. On my open gun the standard switch works fine. Just a note I have seen both types of switches go bad with a the click switch totally stop working. Thanks, Eric

Yes switch rotated easily.

In any event, yesterday I sent one of them to C-More to see if the repair works, if good, the second one will follow, if not, guess I’ll need new ones.

If the repair doesn't work they also have a trade in program where you can trade in your old one for a brand new one.

I never knew that. Is the program detailed somewhere on their website? Thanks for that information.