Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Stock II coming

Justinmac13

I know I have seen a lot of posts on what to change from the stock set up, I was thinking of going with the Tanfo upgrade kit from Ben stoeger

http://benstoegerproshop.com/eaa-tanfoglio-witness-upgrade-kit-springs-guide-rod-firing-pin-sight/

and possibly just getting some extra recoil springs, 9 and 8lb.

Is 13lb hammer spring the lightest that will still set off federal primers?

anything else you guys would start off with?

I know I have seen a lot of posts on what to change from the stock set up, I was thinking of going with the Tanfo upgrade kit from Ben stoeger

http://benstoegerproshop.com/eaa-tanfoglio-witness-upgrade-kit-springs-guide-rod-firing-pin-sight/

and possibly just getting some extra recoil springs, 9 and 8lb.

Is 13lb hammer spring the lightest that will still set off federal primers?

anything else you guys would start off with?

Also, I seen somewhere someone said that the Stock II will fit in a shadow holster, does anyone know if this is true?

Yes and Yes

The EG Xtreme FS at 2.5mm width is way to go in my mind.

--- Henning guide Rod

--- Henning XL firing pin (I like gen4 but gen3 is good as well)

--- one piece sear

--- 2-wing disconnector

--- extreme Delta or Titan hammer (personally I've gotten the best trigger using the delta)

--- EG "LIGHT" hammer and firing pin springs

--- I like the CGW reduced power trigger return spring

--- I use the light sear spring from LRA

--- good polish job, plenty of threads on this sub forum

The EG Xtreme FS at 2.5mm width is way to go in my mind.

--- Henning guide Rod

--- Henning XL firing pin (I like gen4 but gen3 is good as well)

--- one piece sear

--- 2-wing disconnector

--- extreme Delta or Titan hammer (personally I've gotten the best trigger using the delta)

--- EG "LIGHT" hammer and firing pin springs

--- I like the CGW reduced power trigger return spring

--- I use the light sear spring from LRA

--- good polish job, plenty of threads on this sub forum

Thank you gump, it may be a work in progress, would you do all the upgrades including hammer and disco at once or should I start with just guide Rod, extended fp, and springs?

Honestly, I think the disco is important if you wanna get the best out of the gun. I've ran a stock hammer until I got one replaced and it was fine. I think the two wing disco makes a difference over the one wing and it's a relatively cheap part

New stock 2 is fitted with one wing EG Xtreme disco from the factory. Just polish it and call it good. I found the xtreme 1 wing felt better than the factory 2 wing with both polished... but not real pull force difference.

I tried the EG light hammer spring and loved the feel... but, wouldn't reliably pop harder s&b primers (2-3/100). Went to wolff 13# and been reliable since.

Mine has light fp spring, henning light plunger spring, 13# hammer spring, titan hammer, xtreme sear, extended fpb, henning g3 firing pin and a set og hennings new grip panels are awaiting install. Oh, and polished 3-4 times. The polishing really makes a huge difference. I still want to polish the hammer strut hole and plunger hole better. My opinion is that just polishing and swapping springs will get a person 70% of the way.

I want to get my springs and fire pin on order so I can swap everything right away. I cannot find anywhere that specifically states the stock II I ordered is a large frame. Is it a safe bet that it is a large frame? I do not want to order the wrong firing pin.

A couple of questions, So it came in and like others have said the trigger on DA really is not good, stacks hard at the end and just feels gritty most of the pull. I have new parts on order and hope to get this smoothed out as soon as they come in.

My question is, How do I know if mine is a small frame or large frame? and if it is a large frame will I have any issues using the stock fp block with EG extended firing pin?

Justinmac13, got my Stock 2 yesterday as well. VERY NICE...LOVE IT....but the DA trigger is...OMG (as in needs serious work), the SA is OK....the reset is pleasantly shorter than the GT and the Limited. So I am going to be going through the same stuff as you to get it where I want it.

Probably will be putting in all Henning components since he is here in the Denver metro area.
So here is my question to the guys who know.....
I hear everyone talking about polishing the internals.
I have done this to all my Glock's which has been easy enough (lots of videos on youtube to tell you how to do it....)
But on the STOCK 2......what needs to be polished?
Does anyone know where there is a video on it?
Since the STOCK 2 is DA/SA ....are the areas to be polished for the most part the same on the GT and the Limited?
Any advise would be helpful.

THANKS!

When looking at firing pin replacements, just know that quite a few of us have had problems with the Henning Gen 4 extended firing pins. I've tried them on three different Stock IIs - in each case, the firing pin safety didn't work with the Gen 4 pin.

So I've gone back to the Gen 3 firing pins for my match guns.

I've spoken with Henning about the issue. He said he was going to look into it. But I don't think that's resulted in any changes yet.

Here is my list of what I have coming, For the EG Extreme Firing pin, do i need to get the Ext FPB as well? or will it work with the stock FPB?

Also I read someone say they had to modify their guide rod? I could not remember if it was on the tanfo or a STI, The guide rod should just be drop in correct?

Wolff EAA/Tanfoglio witness recoil spring calibration pack (#wolff 13126) 1 $24.00

EGD Xtreme EAA / Tanfoglio Firing Pin Spring - Light (#EGD-FPS-LGT) 1

EGD Xtreme EAA / Tanfoglio Witness Guide Rod Short (#EGD GR Short) 1 $39.95

EGD Xtreme EAA / Tanfoglio Witness Large Frame Firing Pin DA/SA by Eric Grauffel (#EGD-LF-FP) 1 $39.95

EGD Xtreme EAA / Tanfoglio Hammer Spring- Light (#EGD-HS-LGT) 1 $10.95

Dawson Precision Fiber Optic Inserted Front Sights for EAA / Tanfoglio (#DP 019-118) 1 $39.00

Wolff Eaa/Tanfoglio Witness Reduced Power Hammer Spring Pak (#wolff 26507) 1 $9.00

EAA/Tanfoglio 9MM 17rd Mag Full Size / Large Frame #101935 (#EAA/101935) 4 $99.80

Edited by Justinmac13