Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises Rocky Mountain 3-Gun August 11-14, 2016

Am I reading the stage descriptions correctly and seeing that shotgun slings aren't mentioned? Another first timer question, is it prudent to bring some heavy hitting hunting loads or is that an edge case gamer thing? Our local matches restrict shotgun to low brass shells so I don't know anything about that aspect of shotgun.

As far as I'm aware no sling on shotguns. As for "hard hitting" shotgun rounds, I guess you could use them but really your not saving yourself anything if you do.

Most birdshot targets are angle iron, clays or poppers. You don't need anything heavy hitting.

On the "different" target...bwahahahaha...Birdshot must be #6, Ounce and an eighth, 3 dram or smaller.

:devil:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most birdshot targets are angle iron, clays or poppers. You don't need anything heavy hitting.

On the "different" target...bwahahahaha...Birdshot must be #6, Ounce and an eighth, 3 dram or smaller.

What the heck are you talking about?

No shotgun sling needed?

What the heck are you talking about?

No shotgun sling needed?

No shotgun sling.

Silly little target on the bird stage...whole stage must be shot with #6, Ounce and an eighth, 3 dram or smaller.. So bringing big stuff completely unuseful!! :-)

No turkey loads needed! :-)

Where are these stage descriptions posted ? ?

I can't seem to find any anywhere.

They are not posted, never have been. They are in the match book you get at check-in.

I think he is referring to Denise's post on the round counts per stage.

J.J. posted it as ROUND COUNT, and he is one of the match directors, but everyone is saying it is TARGET count. I can't find any place where it says Target count on the web, so I am confused! Anyone know for sure. I leave tomorrow morning.

J.J. posted it as ROUND COUNT, and he is one of the match directors, but everyone is saying it is TARGET count. I can't find any place where it says Target count on the web, so I am confused! Anyone know for sure. I leave tomorrow morning.

Kurt, this is what Denise posted back in June. It looks like target count to me.

Posted 18 June 2016 - 10:10 AM

Target Count (Steel must fall/indicate to score - paper needs 1 A or B or 2 anywhere to avoid penalty)

Stage 1 – 3-Gun – 12 birdshot, 15 rifle(350 yds), 15 pistol – rifle sling

Stage 2 – Pistol/Rifle– 20 pistol, 20 rifle (paper and steel) 500 yds – rifle sling

Stage 3 – Rifle – 25 steel (600 yds), 5 paper

Stage 4 – 3-Gun – 6 slugs, 6 birdshot, 15 pistol, 12 rifle steel(250 yds) – rifle sling

Stage 5 – Shotgun/Rifle – 8 slugs, 10 birdshot, 10 rifle paper, 12 rifle steel (400 yds) – rifle sling

Stage 6 – Shotgun Bird Stage – 40 birdshot

Stage 7 – Pistol – 25 pistol paper, 20 pistol steel

Stage 8 – Pistol/Shotgun – 35 choice targets birdshot/pistol

Stage 9 – 3-Gun – 15 rifle steel(250 yds) , 15 pistol steel, 6 slugs, 4 birdshot

Rifle distances are farthest possible in that area. Most will be less than max distance.

Pistol shots out to 50yds/60 yds max

Slugs out to 100 yds or so max

Rifle – 109

Pistol – 110 plus Stage 8

Birdshot – 72 plus stage 8

Slugs - 20

There may be small adjustments as we put the stages on the ground. Terrain changes in the rain...visibility etc. But this should be close...but be sure to bring MORE!!! You might miss one or two!

Also, if you are signed up for the team shoot, the stage ALL teams will shoot will have 2 rifle shooters with about 15 rounds each, 1 pistol shooter with around 20, 1 shotgun shooter with about 15 birdshot, 6 slugs. You won't know who is shooting what until you get your mission brief. So, please plan accordingly!

Check out http://rm3g.com/ for information and ALL our amazing sponsors.

Also, check out our Facebook page for pictures and more information: https://www.facebook...85683584856690/

:wub:

In the email she sent out a few weeks ago and here on a earlier post se did say it was a target count but hopefully she will chime in to clarify it. It's my first time st RM3G do I'm not sure.