Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

100 Degree Weather is NOT WARM

bountyhunter

My pet peeve is the smirky faced weather morons on TV saying how the weather is going to be "warm".... when it's actually going to be 95 - 100 degrees in an area where normal weather for this time of year would be around 80.

95 is not warm, it's STINKING HOT. Stop trying to tell me it's warm. 80 degrees is warm.

We have had the hottest year in history in north Cali and I have lived here about 40 years. It actually started late May which is weeks before summer even started and we have been getting scorched all summer long.

And the pattern is always the same: the weather forecast moron will say we are going to have "a couple of warm days" except it always turns out to be five to eight days of temps 20 degrees above normal.

And the "cooling relief" shows up when the temps drop to "only" being ten to fifteen degrees above normal. I have really had it with the heat. These three months count as time served in hell.

Edited by bountyhunter

Summers are definitely worse and definitely longer. I can't believe people still don't believe in global warming. I'll admit between the heat and smoke from a big forest fire nearby I didn't shoot last weekend. And it's toying with us. A few 80's then back up into mid 90's. Isn't it supposed to be fall in a week?

I want to move somewhere w an average year round of 70 and highs at 80. Any place exist like that?

Red

You need to move to Texas !!!

Yeah, sure. Always a balmy 72 F. :roflol: :roflol:

Few years ago, I shot Reg'l Match in Virginia the end of August - was

90 F and HUMID for both days - I melted.

Few weeks later, I went to the Nat'ls in Ariz and it was 114 F, but it

felt better to me (staying in the shade, and seriously hydrating like

mad) than being in Virginia and 24 F. cooler.

Humidity is The Problem, for me. :cheers:

Summers are definitely worse and definitely longer. I can't believe people still don't believe in global warming. I'll admit between the heat and smoke from a big forest fire nearby I didn't shoot last weekend. And it's toying with us. A few 80's then back up into mid 90's. Isn't it supposed to be fall in a week?

I want to move somewhere w an average year round of 70 and highs at 80. Any place exist like that?

Red

Only if you can build a time machine...... used to be like that around here.

We have been treated to that as well. Several times this summer we have had remnants of pacific hurricanes run up the west coast bringing us sticky tropical air along with bizarre lightning storms, hail and rain.

Few years ago, I shot Reg'l Match in Virginia the end of August - was

90 F and HUMID for both days - I melted.

Few weeks later, I went to the Nat'ls in Ariz and it was 114 F, but it

felt better to me (staying in the shade, and seriously hydrating like

mad) than being in Virginia and 24 F. cooler.

I agree. The humidity is what kills me. I was visiting in Salt Lake City back in August and one day it was like 114 or so but no humidity whatsoever.