Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problematic Cz-75

DogmaDog

Hey all,

I shot my CZ-75 in an IDPA match this past weekend, and had terrible problems with it. I started with 9mm aluminum cased Blazer ammo, and encountered serious malfunctions. When I switched to brass-cased S&B, the malfunctions continued.

In one instance, a round was near-vertical with the breechface pushing against the side of the casing, while the bullet was jammed against the roof of the chamber. In a couple of other instances, I attempted "tap, rack, bang" and wound up with a double feed.

The pistol has never malfunctioned before (though I've only put about 500 rounds through it), and I've always used the S&B ammo in it.

I'm going to take it to the range to troubleshoot it soon, but I would like your advice on how to methodically diagnose the problem before I take it to a gunsmith.

Right now, I'm thinking I'll 1) Clean it, 2) Experiment with a couple kinds of ammo, 3) Try to determine if the problem is isolated to one or more magazines, 4) Try replacing magazine springs, and then 5) Take it to a gunsmith.

What else would you do?

Thanks,

DogmaDog

In one instance, a round was near-vertical with the breechface pushing against the side of the casing, while the bullet was jammed against the roof of the chamber.

Any time you have a jam like this you have a 99.9% chance that your mag springs are weak. Try replacing those and you will probably be OK.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it turns out.

THC

Part of the problem is the ammo. I don't have a single 9mm CZ that runs on aluminum Blazer. Some people can get away with it, I can't. I would switch to something with a brass case. Winchester white box is OK, so it the yellow boxes of Rem/UMC.

THC is probably right, you may have some weak mag springs. I have experienced the same scenario with worn out mag springs. Once I changed them, the problem went away and the mags fed great out of several pistols. Get some +% Wolff mag springs from www.gunsprings.com and you should be back in the saddle.

Post your experiences here and we'll see where you are at. Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...