Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Update (not a happy one) on VZ grips for Tangfolios

tbarker13

So I emailed VZ today to add another voice to their list of people asking them to make grips for the Stock IIs, etc.

Got a pretty quick response that basically said they've gotten a ton of similar requests and they are looking into it.

But they have a lot of other projects underway right now.

"Check back with us next year," they said.

Don't people have mixed issues with either having Tanfo grips fit right out of the package or having to modify them? Making a product out of paper and glue to fit an inconsistently sized dimension is probably an unappealing proposition.

I'm a VZ dealer and I've been trying to get VZ to do a Tanfolgio Grip for over 3 years. I've heard the same story for 3 years. It's a numbers thing. Sucks from a shooters standpoint, but from their position, it's hard to justify. I just don't think they see enough of a market. They different grips for different frames isn't helping the cause.

Edited by idHawk

• 1 month later...

forget the VZ etc. I've tried them all on my CZ and tanfo's. At the end of the day if you have small hands then the thin checkered stuff from xtreme etc is fine. if you have medium or bigger hands then you need these: http://www.shootingsportsinnovations.com/TANFO-SCALES-BLACK-TFBLK001.htm

for me with man sized hands they are the best thing since sliced bread. now running on my CZ and tanfos. :)

forget the VZ etc. I've tried them all on my CZ and tanfo's. At the end of the day if you have small hands then the thin checkered stuff from xtreme etc is fine. if you have medium or bigger hands then you need these: http://www.shootingsportsinnovations.com/TANFO-SCALES-BLACK-TFBLK001.htm

for me with man sized hands they are the best thing since sliced bread. now running on my CZ and tanfos. :)

I absolutely LOVE these grips. They are the perfect width. I think Nathan has something in the works to give these a little more texture. I will eventually run these on all my Tanfos

The Checkered Henning grips cost a ton though.

?

Xtreme are $118.95 but you need to but screws for an extra 10 making the total 128.95

Henning is 135 but comes with the screws included.

I'm only seeing a difference of a few bucks. Wasn't that big of a deal to me.

I used to wish VZ made grips for the Tanfo, but after modifying the stock grips, I like them better than the VZ grips on my 1911s. Sand down the checkering, grind out a thumb notch, and slap some grip tape on them. Black paint marker on the edges to find any wood.

post-40879-0-61893000-1447457677_thumb.j

post-40879-0-37838800-1447457691_thumb.j