Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Accushadow and Dawson Front Sight

Czechnology

Just bought an Accushadow but I am wanting a thinner front sight; Dawson seems to be the best option since CZC does not make a 7.5mm front sight any thinner than the .125 wide front that comes standard on the Accu.

What Height dawson fiber optic front sight is recommended for the Hajo adjustable rear sight?

Thanks!

[1] 0.170": (0.170 + 0.057)*25.4 --> ~ 5.76 mm or 5.75 mm
[2] 0.175": (0.175 + 0.057)*25.4 --> ~ 5.89 mm or 6.00 mm
[3] 0.195": (0.195 + 0.057)*25.4 --> ~ 6.40 mm or 6.50 mm
[4] 0.215": (0.215 + 0.057)*25.4 --> ~ 6.91 mm or 7.00 mm
[5] 0.240": (0.240 + 0.057)*25.4 --> ~ 7.54 mm or 7.50 mm

DAWSON CZ/CZ CUSTOM

Everything I can find says .195 for the Shadow with fixed and .215 for the adjustable for the correct front sight. I have ordered a replacement front sight for my Shadow at .195TX.95W, I am hoping it is correct. If you tell Dawson your rear sight height they can recommend and if wrong replace it for free.

Edited by bowenbuilt

I recently installed the .240 tall dawson front site on my accu with the hajo rear sight. The Dawson .240 was the closest thing I could find to the stock height and only required a few clicks on the hajo to zero.

On a side note, the dawson sight uses a set screw to hold the sight firmly in place. It is not a real tight fit in the dovetail. The problem with this method on the accu is that the set screw lines up with a notch where the accu bushing is cut into the slide. On mine, if I tightened the set screw, it would hit the threads of the bushing. Since the bushing needs to be removed for field stripping, this was a problem and the sight would move in the dovetail under recoil. I ended up using loctite when installing the sight and so far that has eliminated the movement I had.

I have the adjustable HAJO rear sight.

I think I will go with the .215, that has to be a really tall sight. Couldn't imagine the .240.

Anyone with a .215 tall front and HAJO rear able to comment on where there rear sight is sitting as far as elevation to get POA/POI at 20-25 yards? Is it bottomed out or close to it? ie limited range of adjustment due to front sight height.

The .240 is a 7.5mm from Dawson. What it the measurement from the top of your sight to the top of the slide? Whatever that is will be the sight height you want to order from Dawson. I just found this out the hard way. My gun measures .150 from the top of the sight to the slide not .195. Since the factory sight is shooting a little high I have re-ordered a .155T X .100W. I have a new .195T X .95W at half price if anyone is interested.

Edited by bowenbuilt

I have the Competition HAJO rear sight and a Dawson front sight on my acu shadow lite.

I ordered the .260 x .100 front sight.

It is almost perfect with the HAJO but I would probably like a slightly taller one so that I could possibly bottom out the height adjustment screw on the HAJO to help keep it from falling apart.