Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

226 magazine pouches

PatJones

I'm in the process of buying a P226 USPSA model for use in production. Last night I was looking at belt equipment as none of my revolver or single stack stuff will work. I know the P226 magazines are narrower than the STI & Glock mags, what mag holders work with the SIG mags? I use the Double Alpha Racer mag pouches in single stack, will the double stack Racers work with the P226?

I can't answer your Double Alpha question, other than to paste this from their website:

Please note!

The DAA Race Master Aluminium pouches are supplied with 2 sets of spacers. The first set (assembled) is designed to fit the 2011 STI magazines. It will work perfectly also for SV, Para, SPS, BUL M5 and any other wide body 2011 type mag we have tried.

The Second set of inserts are designed for the CZ SP01 mags. They are a perfect fit also for the small Tanfoglio mags. For other model magazines, some fitting may be required. It may be necessary to remove some material from the back side of the side spacer, to allow more room for slightly wider mags. This we have seen with Glock and S&W M&P mags, and is sure to be the case with others. This fitting can be done in minutes with a piece of flat sandpaper, or in seconds with a belt sander.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...