Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lone wolf Timberwolf

Dewberry

Yes, both ways. I built a complete Timberwolf with their frame and slide. Also did one with a Caspian slide. I ran one in .40 in Limited for a few months and then one in 3Gun for a year before I switched to the M&P.

Mine uses the Gen 4 ejector housing and the late locking block. Other than these any Gen 3 parts work fine. I have a single frame with a G24, G35 and a G22/17 slide made up for it. I like the Timber Wolf frame much better than the stock Glock frame. I will be ordering a frame from them for my 19/23 carry gun also.

• 2 weeks later...

I have both. I also have a number of other LW slides. I have not found any one of them out of spec, if anything they fit the gun tighter than the OEM slides. The sight cuts are tighter and I have had to hone the striker channels on some. The G24 using the LW slide is very accurate. I have never had a problem with a LW slide, I am sure someone may have but all of mine have been spot on.

Bowenbuilt, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I ordered all my various parts today to proceed with this build up.

For anyone else who's interested, LWD customer service says the firing pin channel issue is common but an easy fix for them since they work with their own products (obviously) all the time. If you buy a bare slide from LWD and add a channel liner for $3.48 they will install it in your slide for free pre shipping and ensure the firing pin channel is sized right. Just a heads up.