Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

rear sight blade replacement ?

Revofan

i've got them on some of my guns, I think the bowens are a better sight. But if you are on a budget the weigand is good.

Lots of people complain of the rear sight having a bit of a wiggle to it, I've got some that are solid, and some that wiggle, all installed the same way, so I cant comment.

They are fragile. Mine was losing elevation, I determined it was being bent down to the rear. I don't know if it was happening in the soft case or in the race holster but after the second time I gave up.

When I went back to a factory rear blade I found that the Wiegand had cracked at the bend where it attached to the factory sight body. I'm glad it didn't fail at a match.

I have Bowen rear sights on four or five of my guns and simply put they are the nicest aftermarket sights I have ever used. I like them so much I ordered another set for a gun I don't even own yet. The only factory sights I've seen of similar quality were on a Sig X5 Match. I use Bowen's on my 625 competition gun and all of my hard kickers in 45 Colt, 454 Casull, and soon a 480. Once you get it sighted in with loctite they DO NOT move. Guys have reported firing thousands of rounds with .475 and .500/.510 guns without problems. So now that we've clarified they are practically bullet proof, let's move to the sight picture. The notch is my ideal width for a combination of speed and accuracy at 0.125", and since I like a fiber optic front for all of my guns it's nice that the notch is deep enough to see the full dot even with a short 3-4" barrel. That is not the case with all rear sights and blades. I have the target-style blade on all of mine and when you look at the sight it's a crisp square rear in deep black. In case you haven't noticed by now I REALLY like this product and highly recommend it.

Edit: Added a picture of my 625 and Redhawk, both have the same sight.

post-60454-0-92403300-1442671264_thumb.j

Edited by Alaskan454