Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load data and PF for BBI 135 and 147 grain 9mm bullets

Peplow530

I just chronographed a few loads yesterday and here is what I have come up with. I used Black Bullets International 147gr. and 135gr. All rounds were loaded to an OAL of 1.09 with mixed brass and Federal small pistol primers. I got the average velocity from 10 rounds through my Chrony with each individual load through a 5" 1911 9mm barrel.

-Here is what I found with my 147gr. bullets

3.0gr. Bullseye, average velocity 926.5 = 136 PF

3.1gr. Bullseye, average velocity 949 = 139 PF

-Here is what I found with my 135gr. bullets

3.2gr. Bullseye, Average velocity 957.1 = 129 PF

3.4gr. Bullseye, average velocity 1017 = 137 PF

3.5gr. CFE Pistol, average velocity 966.9 = 130 PF

3.6gr. CFE Pistol, average velocity 990.5 = 133 PF

Both bullets performed very accurately and every functioned perfectly through the 1911. Between the two different powders I used with the 135gr. Bullets I preferred the feel of the Bullseye. The CFE Pistol had a snappier cycle where as the Bullseye created a slower push feeling. I would definitely shoot any of these load in a match.

Edited by Peplow530

Thanks for the report. Coincidentally, I tried some loads with 2.9 to 3.1 grains of Bullseye under a Bayou 147 grain a couple of weeks ago. I didn't chrono them, but got good accuracy and super soft shooting from them. It reminds me of the old .38 Special load with 2.7 grains of Bullseye and a 148 grain wadcutter. Very happy with this load.

Here is what I found with my 147gr. bullets

3.0gr. Bullseye, average velocity 926.5 = 136 PF

That's what I've been using for awhile, and nearly identical results through a Glock 34 with a stock barrel.