Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Custom Match Barrel

Kahai808

Got my upper back from CZC and man they did a great job. They fitted their Match barrel and it feels great. The chamber is tight. Had a couple feeding issues. Also had some ejecting problem. I had not changed the ejector spring since I had the gun (approx 15k rds). Spring felt weak so I changed that. Other than that the gun was accurate and felt flatter. Since it was in the shop I was shooting my back up accu shadow. I will give a follow up range report the next match. But all in all I am very happy with it.

post-41761-144217064042_thumb.jpg

post-41761-14421706619_thumb.jpg

I don't have time on the gun yet. Just got it back last week and didn't even test fire before I took it out to a local match. I literally put two round through it to make sure the sight were on. Once I put about 1k through it I'll know more. Things I do know is it felt and looked flatter. I don't group shoot but my hits were tight.

Yes, since the Australian shadow is a "Stock" gun made by CZ, and not a customized model made by CZ customs.

You can use the barrel from any "Stock" version of that model.

The 4.925" Australian Shadow Barrel is also good to go for IDPA as well.

Any issues with holster fit?

Yes.

On my Bladetech for Shadow, I had to drill a hole in the bottom of the holster the same diameter as the barrel so the gun would fit all the way down in the holster. But it was no big deal. And now it fits just fine.

Have any of yall fitted the barrel yourseleves? If so do you just use lapping compound and work the slide?

I imagine it would be similar to fitting a 1911 barrel. Most of the fitting will Probably be the back of the barrel and a small amount will be needed on the lugs.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Archived