Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI 126mm Mag Question/s

Shadow

This may sound like a stupid question, but do STI 126mm mags when measured like a 140mm mag actually measure 126mm?

The reason I ask is, while cleaning up the shop, I came across four STI 38 Super mags that Merle Edington traded me a long time ago for some work I did for him. I always assumed they were 126mm, but when I measured them, they actually measure 130mm (rear of mag, top of lips to bottom, no base pad). Did STI ever make a 130mm mag?

I have no use for these and am getting ready to list them in the classifieds, but didn't want to call them 126s if they're not.

• 8 months later...

I'll resurrect this thread with a different question about the same subject.

Apparently I am coming the the party late as usual, but can anyone provide information on STI 126mm magazines in 9mm caliber?

I'm probably the last guy to realize that they just aren't available anywhere.

With that said, does anyone have any information on when they may become available again, and WHY there is such a significant shortage?

Thanks.

Edited by 45 Raven

Buy the 38 super 126 mm mag body, get 9mm followers/springs and the spacer and you have a 126 mm mag for 9mm.

I also used the stock 38 super mags in the past with my 9mm rounds without issues although I load the rounds long.

WHY there is such a significant shortage?

they're legal in idpa while the 140's are not, but didn't think idpa was growing that dramatically to soak up supply but who knows. also, sti seems to be doing a good or better job at shipping mags with guns that are useful for those guns (ie, shipping a 170 mag with open guns and 140 with limited guns). way back when i bought my steelmaster open gun it just shipped with a useless 126mm mag.