Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip ordering question

Lior

Dear shooters,

Below is a picture of a gun I use for competitions, a 9mm Bul Storm. The Tanfoglio lineage of this gun should be immediately obvious. It has the equivalent of a small frame and I run it with 16 round Tanfoglio mags. My question is, if I wish to order replacement metal grips for it (instead of the stock rubber ones), which type should I be getting? I ask because I am a bit confused over the nomenclature of current Tanfoglio models. Are both thin and thick grips available in this size?

With thanks, Lior

11950450_10153623509124700_8892125997185

11538998_1856224087936299_62225412827014

There should be grip options for you, but you have to make sure they have the full length grips. If you look at a pic of a Stock II or III or Lim Pro, You can see about the bottom 5mm of the frame below the grips. You need to look for grips that say they are for the Match, or regular steel guns and that are full length, all the way to the bottom of the frame. Also, make sure they are for the correct frame size, large or small. That all make sense?

Does your gun have a bull (cone) barrel? That looks like a pretty great gun a match frame, with DA/SA trigger group and the slide off a limited!

Hello EngineerEli. Thank you for answering. Indeed full length grips seem the way to go. Grips advertised as being for the EAA witness appear to have the same outline, and I wrote this post to verify this with other shooters. I doubt many people can answer with confidence, as few people have experience with this particular type of gun. So on my shopping list is aluminum grips from Hogue and plastic ones from copper gun grips. In the worst case they won't fit and I'll trade them.

Regarding your question, yes, the Storm has a nice thick bull barrel. For field stripping it slips out of the front of the slide after removing the recoil spring plug. This particular specimen has replaced my CZ75 SP01 Shadow as my IPSC Production Division gun. It's a matter of taste and personal preference, but I prefer the Storm (shorter trigger reset without a pre-B disconnector, deeper grip neck for easier DA pull reach).

• 1 month later...