Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

another shadow or stock II

Justinmac13

The small frame Tangos are cut deeper under the braver tail than the large frame, but I don't think it's any deeper than a CZ.

I just want to find out how it really is. :) Take a look at these pics for comparison. It looks to me the Stock 3 has the deeper cut.

DSC_0013.3.jpg

stockiiijpg.jpg

i tried to decide the same thing earlier this year, i went with the stock 2 because i found one and felt i needed to purchase it asap. double action trigger is horrible until you buy the parts and do some polishing and even after that it will only be close to as good as your cz trigger. after a few months i switched back to the cz because i like it better. the 2 guns feel recoil differently so there will be a little adjustment switching back and forth. you already have the mags and everything you need for the cz. if i did it again i'd buy a 2nd shadow custom from cz custom and shoot it right out of the box no tinkering and have 2 identical guns!

Mrd

I will get this measurements for you this afternoon.

I have added all the xtreme parts and just waiting on a drill bit to fit my cgw t3 connector to my stock II. I agree so far the trigger is close to as good as the shadow but the shadow is still smoother and lighter. These guns will be for uspsa production mostly so I don't think the little variance in trigger weight will make much difference after the buzzer goes off. After putting about 2000 rounds through the shadow and only about 300 through the stock II I feel the stock II shoots tighter groups. I will likely shoot the stock II to about 2000 rounds and make a decision on what to do from there. Thank you guys for all your input.

Gun ships with a M card, practically. Shot my first local match with the Stock II yesterday. I've had the guns ready to go for a while but due to my competitive nature and plans to shoot Handgun Nationals I waited but dryfired the Stock II quite a bit. Yesterday I ran across Six Chickens CM 03-02. Stayed relaxed, did my thing and didn't force anything. Shot HF 5.24xx, that's 87%. I've been Limited A-class since February struggling all year at classifiers (I don't reshoot them). And I recall seeing Six Chickens in September. Look at my stat and sure enough I did it .5 seconds slower with a 2011 but HF was nearly identical at 5.24xx. .5 second is nothing. The funny thing is 5.24 HF is 66% in Limited. LOL. No wonder there were so many M-class at Production Nationals.

Edited by Stician