Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Official 2015 Fort Benning Multi-Gun Thread

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Daniel and crewe are hosting a great match!! thanks Folks.... if you didnt come this year you are missing out on some great stages.

Sign me up for next year already!!.

^^This!

...except for Stage 10. I found IT rather evil.

I haven't shot stage 10 yet. It's tomorrow, but it does look evil. The barbed wire looks like the easiest part of the stage.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Daniel and crewe are hosting a great match!! thanks Folks.... if you didnt come this year you are missing out on some great stages.

Sign me up for next year already!!.

^^This!

...except for Stage 10. I found IT rather evil.

I haven't shot stage 10 yet. It's tomorrow, but it does look evil. The barbed wire looks like the easiest part of the stage.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yep! I had a ball shooting it, but it ate me up. The stage, not the wire. Lol

This match immediately became on my must attend 2016 list. Great stages and even better people across the board.

Lots of help from many members of the Army meant little reset, lots of afternoon off time for naps or whatever, efficiently ran, great food on sight for nearly free, set on Ft Benning with full auto stage guns and a working tank on stages.

Put on by some of the best shooters in the country and themed stages full of props. I just can't say enough!!! To all the AMU thank you so much for all the work...I'm counting down to next year already and I have shot nearly every major match in the country!!!

I really enjoyed this match. I found it well ran, the stages were fun and challenging (some more so than others, that 648lb ruck was rough, lol) but doable. There were no 15 second stages in this match, there was a lot of thought and effort put into stage design and the stages were ran by Army people in advance and tweaked, it was what I expected in stage design of a major match. I believe this lead to a smooth running match. In the past, the Ft. Benning matches were known for their cool props, and this year was no exception. The main difference this year was most stage props were off of the clock. The LTs that were resetting the stages were great, there was very little resetting that needed to be done by competitors.

My hat is off to the MWR, the food vendor onsite had good food, was open for breakfast and the practically free meal ticket to the food trailer was nice. The restroom trailers were a nice touch. The tents and chairs at each stage were nice also. For the match to have been announced late in the year, I thought the prize table was good, there were several FN guns, EO Tech and Vortex sights, many Benchmade knives and Leatherman MUTs among other items.

Registration was easy and getting on post with all of our gear was very smooth, there was obviously a lot of communication in advance of our arrival to make this part so easy on the competitors, being able to come in the gate close to the range was a plus also.

I spoke with Daniel after the match, I did ask why they chose 3 Gun Nation rules (not complaining, I can follow anyone's rules, I just thought the old FT. Benning rule set was good). He explained the reason to me and we talked about plans for next year. I have great memories of the 2008 Trench stage, Stryker rides, the stages over on the Sniper ranges, etc. As thankful as I am that the match is making a comeback, I sure would like to see more of those things incorporated into next years match. The 2015 match was fun and challenging, please don't stop, make next years match even better.

Hurley

This was a phenominal match. The stages were well thought out and challenging. The props and stage guns were a great additition. This was the best run match Ive shot as well. Hats off to Daniel and company for a job well done. If they were able to put togethor this caliber of a match in such a short time, I cant wait to see what they can do in a year.

Thanks to Daniel Horner, the AMU team, and all of the folks on base that worked very hard to put on a stellar match! Everything was well thought out in stage design, the facilities were excellent, and the staff was great also! I look forward to this match next year, and am already planning a return trip!

Trey

Anyone know where pics will be posted?

Edited by Headworked

My destination match is back! I shot with Hurley, he can really run an iron sighted rifle! Stages were awesome, but I'm not used to this level of a physical match. I was pretty sore by the third day. I have a list of things to work on for next year. A two day head start on sign ups is great. And I really dig my Kershaw tomahawk from the prize table.

I want to thank whoever turned in my lost Oakleys on Thursday evening. I never thought I'd see them again, but they were in the stat building Friday morning. Not a scratch on them.

I want to say thank you to everyone who came out to the 2015 Fort Benning Multigun Challenge! it was great to see faces i knew, and great to meet others. We have some photos from the match, and if you go to our Facebook page, you can find the link! The Facebook page is "U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit". We look forward to announcing next years match and hope to see eveyone again!

As we are cleaning up the range, we have some lost and found items.

1.) A small navy and light blue jacket

2.) An XL 5.11 coat

3.) Two shotgun caddies.

If these items are yours, please email me at actionshooting2004@gmail.com and address the email to Katie. I will get them shipped back to you!

Edited by katieharris95

I want to say thanks to the AMU and all the unseen support staff that helped to put a fantastic match together. What a privilege to shoot a match at Fort Bennington and have access to some of the "tools" a soldier uses on a daily basis. Squad 12 was a great group to shoot with. Can't wait till next years match!!! Well done AMU!!!

Steve Sweeney

This match was excellent. The gold standard of 3 Gun matches. The AMU made beautifully designed and constructed stages that tested all skills. The Match Director set the bar very high for future match directors, here or anywhere. The ROs were superb beyond all previous groups I have seen at any match anywhere. The AMU has matured and developed to such a high degree they have become the pinnacle of shooter training and now, of running a 3 gun match. After this, any match will have to be measured against it. An amazing, outstanding bit of work.

• 2 weeks later...

Only my 2nd match, but had an amazing time here. Where else can you sit on an Abrams, sit in a Bradley, and rail away with a SAW? The AMU is beyond professional and did a great job with both experienced shooters as well as newer shooters such as myself. No resetting was pretty legit as well, thanks to all that helped out! Would love to see the props count for something (even as a side thing) next year, but I have nothing further to comment besides great job AMU and looking forward to 2016's match!

Edited by multigunner