Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to reloading 38 Super Comp

BigPapa

Towely ADI is only a local Australian brand. Only really relevant for shooters in aus. They do export powder which is sold under the hodgdon brand but ap100 is not one of them. It's not bad but is pretty dirty and fairly snappy compared to slower stuff like 3n38, n105, sp2 etc.

Yes its an australian powder, sorry should have mentioned that. I figure that it may help someone out if they search for ap100 loads in this forum, as i have tried to do in the past. You guys dont see many adi powders in the states?

No its cool. I love learning about what other people use! Plus the fourm is world wide. I really like that. I love to hear what people are shooting that can't shoot 9 or brass is hard to get or you can only get 4 powders ect ect.

I have not seen it in the states. As soon as you posted that I looked and it showed winchester auz. Pretty cool stuff.

STI Trubor barrel and comp'd Grand Master.

.38SC Starline brass

5.4Gr of 700X (one of the faster burn rate powders)

147Gr coated bullet

Av. 1180fps so a 173PF

Most chrono stage RO's usually remark that is one of the quieter Open guns at a match.

Everything else is feel and observations but it doesn't feel harsh and seems very flat under recoil.

• 2 months later...

STI Trubor barrel and comp'd Grand Master.

.38SC Starline brass

5.4Gr of 700X (one of the faster burn rate powders)

147Gr coated bullet

Av. 1180fps so a 173PF

Most chrono stage RO's usually remark that is one of the quieter Open guns at a match.

Everything else is feel and observations but it doesn't feel harsh and seems very flat under recoil.

What's you coal? I'd like to try the 147 eventually