Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ernie Hill speed leather....

Dranoel

Looking to shoot some steel matches "Old Skool" with a Comped .45 and iron sights. Would love to draw from an old Ernie hill open front holster. Mine disappeared years ago and I can't seem to find another one. Anyone have any leads?

I have an Ernie Hill holster that I used for my 5" Colt Govt with a compensator, so 6" total length plus a twin mag pouch.. Don't have the gun any longer. Interested?

Might be. But I really need one for a 6 1/2". If I can modify that one I might take it. I would definitely be interested in the mag pouches.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree that for the stand and shoot steel stuff the old holsters work well.

Loved the old EH Fas-trac holsters. The only real draw back I recall is that they were pretty heavy. Have you checked ebay?

Kudos to you for shooting in the Retro-division, too. Love the old comp'ed .45's :cheers:

My gunocologist put a new barrel/comp on my steel gun and I have been messing with re-tooling my holster rig from a modern holster and am going to try an old Safariland 008 Final Option holster for a while. It just feels right for the surrender starts, and for whatever reason my right shoulder (damaged rotator cuff) doesn't pain me as much with all the draws at a steel match.

Archived