Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Control isues

mro111lland

Hi all. Having some isues with my new open gun. First a little background have ben shooting open for almost a e year and a half started out with an xdm 5.25 9mm major. I know have an sps vista short is a 2011 platform 5 inch barrel a very large 2 port break 10 pound recoil spring with rubber shock buff 16 pound main spring 2 pound trigger now the problem when I move from 1 target to the next first shot on second target is spot on but when the gun recoils dot goes up and to the left and if im to quick on the trigger shot will be a d hit or a compleat miss never had this issue with the xdm would recoil straight up and down no matter what any ideas or am I just griping this gun differnet have only ran this gun in 2 matches and 3 practice sessions around 1500 rounds on it

Have one already

That may be part of the problem then, its easy to drive the gun with the rest and it can do what you describe if that is what is happening. If the gun is shooting left on the follow up shot then try to grip the gun the same with both hands and just let your thumb rest without applying force to the rest. The gun should recoil up and down again instead of to the left.