Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sp-01 tactical trigger mods?

biglou13

This question is for those that know what these parts are for, shoots competitively (ish), has done mods and has shot extensively both before and after mods

I am now getting more frequent sub .20 splits without the 14m lifter, and disco. On a scaled uspsa target a-zone (majority)

Because my splits are dropping and because I have trained the way it is I'm under the impression that these parts will "improve" my shooting.

I'm a novice and would like you opinions pro or con. I figured I'd get more experienced opinion before I totally poo poo the idea

Currently has a great polish job and has pretty much all other internal/ignition upgrades minus sear, lifter, disco. Thing is she shoots like a dream. As good if not better than tuned 1911

Please advise

Edited by biglou13

Is this the decocker model? If you already have a CZ Competition decocker hammer, the only other mods worth pursuing are the Type 2 Disco, 85 combat/CZ97 trigger, extended firing pin, and lighter springs.

If you install a CGW Type 2 Disco, it will reduce the amount of pre travel slop when you are in Single Action mode.

Nobody makes an upgraded sear ATM. I don't think they will offer one down the road either.

I believe the CGW lifter is basically the same dimensions as the oem one but it is made from tool steel.

I am not sure what you are asking. Are they needed?

If you are properly prepping the trigger, then I don't think so. I would install a type 2 disco because I like reduced take up.

I was not aware that the CGW firing pin safety lifter had different dimensions than the stock one. They looked exactly the same the last time I ordered one.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Edited by himurax13