Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What mainstream sport can benifit our skills?

DrLove

Just curious, which mainstream sport do you guys think requires/uses similar set of skills like those we use in our sport? I'm leaning toward tennis for footwork, grip strength, etc, but wan to hear your thoughts on that?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tennis would be a good guess.

I'll go off the charts, though, and say something like cross country mountain biking if it involves long distances and uphills for the mental conditioning (not to mention physical conditioning), plus fast downhills for building eye speed and quick, precise movements. Of course, I like to cross country mountain bike, so I might be a bit biased! :devil:

Any sport is going to be good for you, especially one that has physical fitness requirements to help one be less of a fatazz.

Rather than find one that uses the same skills, I would find something different, for a mental break and a bit of cross-training. More importantly, I would find one I enjoy.

I personally spend a lot of time riding bicycles and dirtbikes and playing ice hockey. In the past I've played lots of volleyball and soccer. Since I have been mostly serious about individual sports, I get particular enjoyment and balance and freshness out of participating in team sports at the hobbyist level.

How about beer-pong. :devil::D:D:D

Not much for grip and movement, but great on hand eye co-ordination and reading the course :P:D

On a serious note, I think any sport requiring a burst mode is good. Tennis is good, racquetball even better, ping pong, or anything similar.

(Of course, paintball or air soft, is much closer to shooting and has similar amount of fun)

Obviously, sex. Quick on the draw and keep pounding away at the target(s) until

you're out of ammo. :devil::roflol: :roflol:

I put the little devil in there so no one thinks this is serious.

Great idea,but what if I'm married?
Perfect! That means you have a teammate that lives with you. The sex sports weren't meant to be individual sports.