Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Freedom Gunworks Build on CK Arms frame is complete!

DWNZRO

Here is my new FGW build by Bobby Keigans! It's an IDPA ESP legal gun that will serve double duty as my USPSA Limited blaster. It is a 5" 40SW KKM bushing barrel on a CK Arms light rail frame. It also features the brand new CKA Aluminum grips that have been hard anodized black.

IMG_20150907_144526_zps0ugavbwm.jpg

It got here on Saturday and I put about 150 rounds of factory ammo through it. Then I ran about 150 rounds of my Major PF reloads through it. I was expecting to be shooting major for the first 1000 rounds but a friend brought some 200gr 650fps Minor PF loads for me to try out from a sponsor and much to my surprise they worked great. Decided to have him load up enough for me to shoot our local match on Sunday. I ended up placing my highest ever, 4th overall.That's over 500 flawless rounds through a SUPER tight gun. Every time someone tried to rack the slide, they double checked that the safety was off because it was so tight haha. The slide runs like butter now, looking forward to how it feels after 1000 rounds. Below is the build sheet for those who are interested.

20150908_133139_zpszvrmxikz.png

Edited by smokedbmw

Sweet!! Congrats - it looks awesome and I like the call for aluminum grips. I've had a 2011 lingering in the back of my mind and I've been exploring metallic grip/frame options. I will look forward to hearing more about this one. Enjoy it!

I just went from 6 to midnight

:roflol:

I'll take some pictures tonight of the magwell to grip blending. They are so perfectly designed and machined together that you can't even feel where they meet inside the grip. The texture was pretty aggressive at first but I'm liking it more and more. Bobby has one of the prototype steel grips on his Limited gun right now, so they should be available soon. They look exactly like the aluminum ones on my build.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

that's a great looking IDPA and USPSA/IPSC gun... it's good idea to attach an additional weights in the rail for USPSA to subdue muscle flip for faster follow-up shot. I've seen Bob Vogel and Tori Nonaka attached weights in the frame in the Nationals.