Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best AR trigger ?

usmc1974

"Best" for one person isn't for another. It's all subjective.

Problem is they're too expensive to buy one of each so, go to a match and ask to test drive some triggers. Cheapest way to find one you like.

With all that being said, the Geissele SSA-E is the best trigger. Well, for me anyway. Not too heavy, not "aw crap, fired before I was ready" light, two stage, crisp and repeatable.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't believe only one mention of the HiperFire. I've shot them all. The 24 3G, 24C or 24TarHeel (aka Hipertouch ECL). Amazing triggers! If you try them, you will never go back to one of the above conventional AR trigger systems.

11157174_1587745841491496_2108205752_o.j

For the people running CMC single stage triggers, is there a considerable amount of creep in yours? I like the trigger it's much lighter and has a great reset but mine seems to have a awful lot of creep.

There's a slight bit of creep. If I'm playing basement sniper I can detect it but it doesn't bother me. During actual use I've never noticed it.

I've only tried factory AR triggers, and 3 different Geisseles. I have the SSA, SSA-E and SD-E. The S3G (Super 3 Gun) is one I'll try one of these days. If I get bored with pistol competition and want to branch out, the S3G is a likely candidate for a competition AR build.

Edited by GunBugBit

For the people running CMC single stage triggers, is there a considerable amount of creep in yours? I like the trigger it's much lighter and has a great reset but mine seems to have a awful lot of creep.

I had a good bit of creep in mine but complained to CMC and sent it in. Got it back with much less creep.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I thought my SD 3 GUN trigger was really awesome until I got a AR Gold. OMG

I started with the AR Gold and was really disappointed with the Geissele S3G. It felt like going backwards in trigger feel and quality.

I have tried the Geissele Hi-Speed NM and that is probably the only Geissele I would ever recommend.

I also have a Wilson Combat TTU and I wouldn't recommend it for precision rifle due to trigger weight but it is great for 3-gun.

My CMC is pretty good for the price and JP is also pretty good.

I have also tried a friend's Black Rain Ordnance trigger and it felt close to a single stage version of an AR Gold with a more tactile reset. Kind of like if my AR Gold and Wilson TTU decided to have a love child. Somewhat in between on trigger weight and tactile reset.

• 5 weeks later...

If you wish got the best 3 Gun trigger - nothing better than the AR-Gold.

It has a unique safety movement (not noticeable to me as it feels like take up in a good 1911 style trigger).

The reset is amazingly short allowing you to shoot very fast breaks on the close targets.

The most important part (to me) is the actual trigger break when shooting a precision shot. It is awesome!

If you need to meet a minimum weight such as in NRA Hi-power, the Geisselemis awesome due to it being a true 2 stage trigger where most of the weight is in the take up.