Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hundo case gauge

Hoosiershooter

First you want to determine the length that fits your chamber and mags. Then determine that everything that passes a gauge will pass your chamber. THEN, just use the gauge from there on out. The shockbottle 100 rounder is such a nice gauge. Also called the hundo by
Stoeger.

I load 9MAJOR loads out near 1.17 an I like picking the gauge up and having the rounds then drop all the way down. Easy to check for high primers etc. Then when you set it back down you can do a quick check to make sure you don't have any really long or short rounds.

I set my Shockbottle (Hundo) on the lid of the ammo box I use to "flip"/invert the rounds. It's already on the table and it lets the ammo drop all the way into the gauge. I also like hearing them "plunk" into the gauge.

The same technique as in this video:

Edited by razorfish

I use the match grade 9mm hundo and I haven't had any issues with chambering in my shadow and stock ii. At first I didn't want to spend the money for one but a friend let me use his and that was the end of my holdout. Now I have a 9 and 40.

Yes I love mine.

It allows me to catch cracked cases, burrs in the extractor ring, upside down primers, .380 cases that slipped through, etc......

Great info, I'm sold. What ammo boxes do you recommend to flip into? Dillon, MTM etc. etc...

Ditto all the above. I have caught some split cases (lip, full length, and at the head end) that I would have passed by any other testing. Well worth the money in time saved and quality improvement. I too use a an MTM box for flipping and Dillon boxes for storage since they are much cheaper.

To those that have the match gauge, what is your rejection rate with mixed range brass? I'm worried about the disclaimer "This gauge could be frustrating if you reload and shoot any old range pickup brass in a loose chambered production gun."

To those that have the match gauge, what is your rejection rate with mixed range brass? I'm worried about the disclaimer "This gauge could be frustrating if you reload and shoot any old range pickup brass in a loose chambered production gun."

I had a "Match grade" Hundo and I had prolly 50-60% fail and then put them in a friends regular Hundo and maybe 1-2 failed. The match grade one was just too tight for me. I'd steer clear from that one if you are using range brass. I won't run anything without Hundo'ing it now cuz it's so easy. Get the regular one, it's worth every penny

All my brass I'd range brass and ibuse the match hundo. While I don't have about 30 percent that don't sit all the way flat it very easy to notice a round that needs to go in the pact ice box. Usually I just try it in my lyman case gauge and go from there. I like the match grade hundo because I can pick out the really good rounds for big matches when the slide in and out of the gauge like butter. Plus if I ever get a gun with a really tight chamber I already have the proper gauge.