Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Justinmac13

Weak reset

I have a sp01 shadow that I have upgraded with cgw springs and type 1 disco, it still has the stock hammer and sear. I polished all internals following atlas's guide. The reset seems kind of weak, it works just fine but feels spongy and not a very positive snap on the reset. Is this normal or is there something specific I should look into correcting this.

Check trigger return spring if trigger doesnt return well, or if the trigger bar sprin is weak or one leg has ridden off the track on the underside of the trigger bar.

I changed the stock trs with with cgw rp trs Thx I'll check those two things and possibly put the stock one back in and retry it.

The CGW TRS is lighter to allow a lighter DA stroke. side effect is there is less spring pressure to return the trigger.

its your trigger return spring.

I agree with eerw because i run the same CGW TRS. I don't like the way the trigger rest feels, but that TRS helps on that DA pull for me.

The CGW TRS is lighter to allow a lighter DA stroke. side effect is there is less spring pressure to return the trigger.

its your trigger return spring.

Ok, I took it out and put 100 through it, it works just fine and I started to get used to it. If it is normal than I'm sure it won't take much longer for me to get used too as I love how the light and smooth the trigger pull now is. Thank you guys for the advice.

Just something to think about. The da is one stroke and you can only shoot as fast as your trigger resets.