Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP01 VS SP01 Shadow vs 75 Shadow

Jrb305

I think it is important to get the facts correct. Both the CZ75 Shadow and the CZ 75 SP01 Shadow (including the CZC custom models) are legal in IDPA SSP. Both are also legal in IDPA ESP. Because the SP01 has the long dust cover it would normally not be legal in ESP but the rule says any SSP legal gun is also ESP legal. The only trick to that is the SP01 must remain SSP legal to be ESP legal so you can't add external mods like mag wells that would disqualify it for SSP.

All the CZC (and CGW andAA ) customizations that we are talking about on this thread are internal so there is no effect of their IDPA legality. There are external mods available that would make the guns illegal but not these particular custom guns and similar ones from CGW and AA. There are two CZC models, the Accu Target and I forget the other, that are not IDPA legal due to external modifications by CZC which is not part of CZ.

I shoot my CZC custom CZ 75 Shadow in IDPA 5 times per month and in USPSA Production twice per month perfectly legally. There is a lot of confusion out there because the Accu Shadow was ruled ineligible due to external mods. It is kind of technical and most people are not taking the time to understand it.

There are plenty of Shadows in stock here, from the base Shadow to the Accu Shadow. http://oakhillguns.com/pistol.html?cat=24

There certainly are several here that appear to be in stock. If you do not understand the line (I'm not sure anyone does thoroughly), beware. The Accu Shadow and Shadow Target are not IDPA legal. I am not certain of their USPSA Production status. If that's your game check it out..

The two guns listed at $1299 appear the two we have been discussing, the 75 Shadow Custom and the 75 SP01 Custom from CZC.

The other guns listed as xxxx custom (notice lower case) that appear to be cheap versus the above are not familiar to me. I suggest you understand them carefully before buying.

I think all this stock/custom stuff in the line is going to hurt CZ at some point.It is just too confusing. Remember that CZC is not owned by CZ. It is a different company which I believe is owned by Ghost. BUYER BEWARE!!