Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Poll: Do you want to see a Competition ready HK?

apetrulis01

The only things the VP9 absolutely NEEDS is a beveled magwell and long slide. It's like the HK engineers said: "We gave you 15 bullets, that wasn't enough?" Fiber sights are available and there are good options for trigger upgrades as well.

After shooting my vp9 in more than a few matches I can say that it's a decent gun, but its not cut out for competition as is. With the magwell, long slide, fiber sights, and a trigger job it would be a fairly competent pistol.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only things the VP9 absolutely NEEDS is a beveled magwell and long slide. It's like the HK engineers said: "We gave you 15 bullets, that wasn't enough?" Fiber sights are available and there are good options for trigger upgrades as well.

After shooting my vp9 in more than a few matches I can say that it's a decent gun, but its not cut out for competition as is. With the magwell, long slide, fiber sights, and a trigger job it would be a fairly competent pistol.

Dawson precision makes fiber optic sight sets for the VP9 which I am running on my gun. As for the magwell there are a few companies out there doing it now. HKparts also has a springs set which you can change out which lowers the trigger pull wait. If you are looking for a great trigger job contact Rick Holm of Lazy Wolf Guns. You can get him through facebook right now at Lazy Wolf Guns. Tell him Adam sent you!

Thanks,

Adam

Dawson precision makes fiber optic sight sets for the VP9 which I am running on my gun. As for the magwell there are a few companies out there doing it now. HKparts also has a springs set which you can change out which lowers the trigger pull wait. If you are looking for a great trigger job contact Rick Holm of Lazy Wolf Guns. You can get him through facebook right now at Lazy Wolf Guns. Tell him Adam sent you!

Thanks,

Adam

Unfortunately you can't run an external magwell in SSP (believe its okay in CCP though) or USPSA production. I would want something like the SP01 with its beveled internal magwell or the grand power pistols that just have a giant one

• 2 months later...

I purchased a P30L with the intention of using it in USPSA...great feeling gun but the trigger, oh what a nasty trigger...so I sold it and bought a USP Expert....much much better! I question why H&K can't install this match trigger group into the P30L???...USPSA and IDPA are growing sports and shooters are spending tons of money on their shooting equipment, , but it's rare I see an H&K product at a match!!

I shoot the p30ls in matches. The trigger is very long, but I reduced the weight of it. I wish I could get rid of the safety without making the gun look butchered. But the gun feels great and is super reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I have sadly discovered that HK parts support outside of the US is abysmal. No point at all in discussing further unless HK parts become as available as CZ, 1911/2011. Really too bad because I loved my VP9 but not a lot of point if I can't even get a basic spare parts kit into Canada.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Yes but it would need a few things:

-sane price first and foremost (aka no $1000 P30L bullshit, it's a polymer frame gun)

-adjustable Bomar style rear

-correctly sized fiber front

-slim slide release levers that can be interchanged

-extended mag release levers

-upgraded trigger mechanism with over travel stop

-non-captive steel guide rod for changing springs

For either the P30L or the VP9 (ideally it would be a VP9L). Hell even a p2000 with these features would be fun.

31 minutes ago, polymerfeelsweirdman said:

Yes but it would need a few things:

-sane price first and foremost (aka no $1000 P30L bullshit, it's a polymer frame gun)

-adjustable Bomar style rear

-correctly sized fiber front

-slim slide release levers that can be interchanged

-extended mag release levers

-upgraded trigger mechanism with over travel stop

-non-captive steel guide rod for changing springs

For either the P30L or the VP9 (ideally it would be a VP9L). Hell even a p2000 with these features would be fun.

Come on now, most people gladly pay premium+ for something with HK on it....:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/15/2015 at 11:44 PM, sarge450 said:

P30l or a Vp9l with sights and a match grade trigger would be great.

5" VP9 w FO sights. Not sure what some dislike w/trigger. Maybe I got a good one.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/29/2016 at 9:28 PM, Honeybooboo said:

I have never considered an H&K for competition but I was messing with a USP tactical yesterday and that thing is sweet. I like the trigger and ergos. It'd be funny to roll up to a match with one. 

Plenty of the guys on the team are winning matches or there division with HK. Most are using the VP9. I tried an Expert. While I am really accurate with the Expert I out run the gun because of the mass of the slide. I am trying to have them send me a mark 23 to shoot in a few matches limited 10...lol.

This is just a partial list for me. Matches shoot around the state of Florida. I know @rangelawyer has had great success in Oregon. Derek Giddings has won PPC divisions in Three Gun in the Georgia area. 

Match Results Shooting HK products:

-          4-9-15: Thursday Night USPSA – 1st Limited / 2nd overall

-          4-13-15: Monday Night IDPA – 1st overall / Won 2 of 4 stages

-          6-4-15: Thursday Night USPSA – 1st Limited / 3rd overall

-          6-12-15: Manatee 3 Gun: 1st Overall / won 2 of 5 stages

-          6-18-15: Thursday Night USPSA – 1st limited / 3rd overall

-          7-25-15: Hansen 3 Gun – 1st overall / Won all 3 stages

-          8-8-15: Monthly IDPA – 1st overall / Won 7 of 8 stages

-          8-24-15: Monday Night IDPA – 1st overall / Won 3 of 4 stages / most accurate

-          9-28-15: Monday Night IDPA – 1st overall / Won 3 of 4 stages

-          10-12-15: Monday Night IDPA – 1st overall / Won 1 stage

-          10-22-15: Thursday Night USPSA – 1st Production / 7th overall

-          10-24-15: Hansen 3 Gun - 1st overall / Won all 3 stages

-          11-28-15: Hansen 3 Gun - 1st overall / Won 2 of three stages

-          Custom Gun Classic (November) : 2nd Overall Limited 10

-          12-7-15: Monday Night IDPA - 1st overall / Won 3 of 4 stages / Most accurate

-           12-26-15: Hansen 3 Gun – 1st overall / Won all 3 stages

-          1-14-16: Thursday Night USPSA - 1st Limited / 3rd overall

-          1-18-16: Monday Night IDPA - 1st overall / won 1 stage

-          USPSA Florida State Championship (January): 2nd overall limited 10

-          1-23-16: Hansen 3 Gun - 1st overall / Won all 4 stages

-          2-15-16: Monday Night IDPA – 1st overall / won 2 of 4 stages / most accurate

-          2-22-16: Hansen Monthly USPSA – 2nd overall / 2nd limited

-          3 Gun National Southeastern Regional (February) – 21st Practical division (couldn’t run to due injury)

-          Manatee 3 Gun Championship (March) – 2nd Overall

-          3-10-16: Thursday Night USPSA – 1st limited / 6th overall

-          3-14-16: Monday Night IDPA – 1st overall / won 1 stage / most accurate

-          5-9-16: Monday Night IDPA – 1st overall

-          5-28-16: Hansen 3 Gun – 1st overall / Won all three stages

-          6-20-16: Monday Night IDPA – 1st Overall

-          7-23-16: Hansen 3 Gun – 1st overall / won all 3 stages

-          7-28-16: Thursday Night USPSA – 1st production / 9th overall

-          8-1-16: Inaugural Manatee Multigun – 1st overall. Won a Canik Pistol.

-          8-3-16: Monday Night IDPA – 1st overall

-          8-10-16: Thursday Night USPSA – 1st production / 6th overall

-          8-15-16: Monday Night IDPA – 1st overall / Won 2 of 4 stages / Most accurate

-          9-22-16: Thursday Night USPSA – 1st Limited / 5th Overall

-          9-26-16: Monday Night IDPA – 1st overall / Won all 4 stages.

-          11-2-16: Thursday Night USPSA – 1st Limited

-          11-6-16: Sunday USPSA – 1st Limited 10 / Glock 22 / 13th overall

-          11-13-16: 2016 Custom Gun Classic: 2nd Overall Limited 10 / 29 shooters

-          11-20-16: USPSA: Finished 1st limited shooting