Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Poll: Do you want to see a Competition ready HK?

apetrulis01

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A VP9L set up for production division:

5" barrel

Short reset trigger with over travel stop.

Bigger internal magwel

Bomar style adjustable rear sight, fiber optic front

Get rid of that groove that the trigger passes through and rubs my finger.

Edited by tenchu74

2 hours ago, tenchu74 said:

A VP9L set up for production division:

5" barrel

Short reset trigger with over travel stop.

Bigger internal magwel

Bomar style adjustable rear sight, fiber optic front

Get rid of that groove that the trigger passes through and rubs my finger.

This would be the perfect. 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:20 PM, Honeybooboo said:

HKpro is saying that a VP9L will be at SHOT. 

Hopefully that is true. I just asked the individual I deal with at HK and they said No. I would hate to think they would keep the team in the dark that much but who knows.

Adam

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2017 at 8:20 PM, Honeybooboo said:

HKpro is saying that a VP9L will be at SHOT. 

I spoke to one of the German engineers at SHOT. He indicated a long slide VP9 release at NRA and  a factory extended mag laster in 2017.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2017 at 8:16 PM, MAP said:

I spoke to one of the German engineers at SHOT. He indicated a long slide VP9 release at NRA and  a factory extended mag laster in 2017.

Mike

Nice! I like the VP9 more than the PPQ because it just fits my hands perfectly and the trigger good. I would prefer an American style mag realize because it's a subconscious manipulation after all of these years but I am sure HK will stick with their style. Aftermarket springs and guide rod options would be great.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Ive been shooting pistol matches for several years now and have never seen an Expert used in any match and that would include IDPA, USPSA, NRA Action Pistol, and steel challenge.  I have an Expert in .45 and while its impressively accurate Ive never been tempted to use it in a match.  

@dave33, thanks for the reply. Since you actually have an Expert and have years of competition experiences, may I ask why you’ve not used it in competition? FYI, I’ve just ordered one but haven’t gotten it yet. It won’t hurt my feeling even if it’s not suited for competition in comparison to other choices.

On 11/29/2018 at 6:55 PM, Greengun said:

@dave33, thanks for the reply. Since you actually have an Expert and have years of competition experiences, may I ask why you’ve not used it in competition? FYI, I’ve just ordered one but haven’t gotten it yet. It won’t hurt my feeling even if it’s not suited for competition in comparison to other choices.

Most of the comps I shoot are better suited to 9mm (at least for me) so my Expert in .45 is at a big disadvantage from the get go.  But aside from that it just doesn't swing and point as naturally for me as my other guns do, never been a big fan of the paddle release, and the black on black sights with the combat sight picture don't suit my eye for the gun games so much.  Lastly, for comps I'm not much of a DA/SA trigger guy, so there is that as well.

Dont get me wrong, I think its an amazing pistol and built like a tank, I'm sure you will enjoy yours.  I would love to have an Expert in 9mm (probably .40 too) just because I think they are really cool guns but if I did they would sadly most likely end up as safe queens as my .45 sort of has.  I still get around to shooting it occasionally but there's no danger of me wearing it out.

29 minutes ago, Greengun said:

Dave, appreciate your input. Thanks!

You are welcome.  Hope you enjoy the new gun, I'm sure it will serve you well.  Please share a range report with us when you get some rounds down the tube, would love to hear your thoughts on it. If you haven't found it yet, there is a pretty good forum dedicated to HK guns, HKpro.com I think is the sight.  Lots of good info and support for HK guns there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Don’t they already have one I’ve seen them with compensators on the end match states the competition triggersDon’t they already have one I’ve seen them with compensators on the end match sights and the competition triggers...

ive used a USP for years and Never had a malfunction of any kind with them.Ever..

• 2 weeks later...

P30L optics ready with a match trigger. See about some factory mags that fit the 141mm mark with the package. I'd get with that. I've been debating running my HK45T as a factory pistol for a few matches.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm looking for it in the hammer platform, but I think striker is all anyone is going to make anymore. I think my P30L LEM was almost there, but the break just isn't as good as the USP.

I'm converting a recently acquired USPf 9mm with match parts, and have the jet funnel for a the mag capacity giggles. It's just not quite there, and I'm not sure if I can justify the cost/benefit ratio of keeping my favorite brand for my USPSA Prodution gun.