Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

From who should I purchase a Super 1050?

I had a Square Deal B from the early 90's until I sold it in 2012. I LOVED the SBD (and miss it), but wanted something to do rifle ammo also, so I purchased a new XL650 in 2012. I like it, but I don't love it. The primer system sucks compared to the SBD (in my opinion), and some other things don't trill me.

The 1050 is ***WAY*** more machine than I need, but I'm interested. (I used to be a Porsche/Ferrari/MB/etc mechanic, so machine complexity doesn't scare me).

Who should I buy a 1050 from (Dillon, Enos, Red's, someone else), and WHY?

TIA.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter because you're still getting the same Dillon support/product. I bought mine from Brian on this site. His support has been excellent, and shipping is stupid-fast.

....and for the record, the 1050 is SO worth the expense. You won't be disappointed.

Okay gentlemen. I'm listening. A couple of questions:

1. If I call and order from Brian Enos will I be dealing with him directly, or through some customer service people?

2. Back in 2012 (before all the craziness) I sold my 20 year old SDB on eBay with 4 calibers (38/357, 44mag, 45acp, 45 Colt) 4 tool heads and a few misc parts for $600. That pretty much paid for my XL650 without a case feeder (I made my own case feeder). I think that was before I was familiar with this site, or maybe around the same time I was selling the SDB. To purchase a Super 1050 I will need to sell my XL650. My 650 is very low mileage (approx 2,000 rounds .45acp, and 1,000 rounds .223)

How is this site for selling stuff compared to eBay?

When I ordered mine, I added a note to the order to have it checked-over to make sure I didn't miss anything. Not only did I get a fast response, Brian called me personally to let me know it looked good, and he'd be submitting the order to Dillon straightaway. 2 days later, it was in the garage. Does that answer your question? ;)

Okay gentlemen. I'm listening. A couple of questions:

1. If I call and order from Brian Enos will I be dealing with him directly, or through some customer service people?

2. Back in 2012 (before all the craziness) I sold my 20 year old SDB on eBay with 4 calibers (38/357, 44mag, 45acp, 45 Colt) 4 tool heads and a few misc parts for $600. That pretty much paid for my XL650 without a case feeder (I made my own case feeder). I think that was before I was familiar with this site, or maybe around the same time I was selling the SDB. To purchase a Super 1050 I will need to sell my XL650. My 650 is very low mileage (approx 2,000 rounds .45acp, and 1,000 rounds .223)

How is this site for selling stuff compared to eBay?

I think you will deal with Brian directly, and selling it on the classifieds here, you should get rid of quickly. As long as your price is good for a buyer.

jj

Hey one other thing (I'm probably lying. There might be more).

I'm on a budget, so I'm looking at my options for a second tool head, coversion kit, etc. A few weeks ago I bought a spare powder measure for my XL650. However, looking here

550/650 powder measure

https://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/23599/catid/3/Dillon_Powder_Measure

1050 powder measure

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/23909/catid/3/Super_1050_Powder_Measure

The photos look the same to me, but there is a $6 difference. Anyone know if I can use a 550/650 powder measure on a 1050?

You'll deal directly from Brian and you'll get the best price. He offers the best deal on shipping.

Sell here on the site. I'd be interested if you're willing to work a trade, which is one of the advantages of using our classifieds in that (if you don't need the cash) you can do a trade that can ultimately benefit you more than a straight monetary transaction. For instance (and this isn't a great example but it's what's popping into my head), I have some .303 and .45-70 dies that I don't use. It might be that you can use them but they're hard to find. If we did a trade, that could be part of the swap, and we both benefit.

Edited by jkrispies