Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zev Magwell

ppierceall

I just got my G35 back from the shop slide is milled and everything is good. I have a Gen 4 the brass insert for the Zev Magwell I had to hammer (tap) in to place I think I started the screw that attaches the magwell to the brass insert wrong and my question is - That screw is supposed to seat clear into the recess of the magwell correct?

I think I will have to order another brass insert.

The Brass is soft enough that you can just run the set screw back in straight. Even if you can't, a bottoming tap from Amazon is cheaper than a new insert.

The set screw needs to stick out of the brass enough to serve as a lug in the plastic grip. You don't need to bottom it out in the brass.

If the brass insert did not fit well you may have a Gen 3 insert. The first one I got for a Gen 4 was packaged and labeled as Gen 4 but just didn't fit right. I tried it on a Gen 3 frame and it was a perfect drop in fit. Once it was replaced with the correct Gen 4 insert it was also an easy drop in fit. Once you install the magwell depending of what mag extensions you use (if) you may have to dermal a relief notch to clear the screw to allow the mags to seat easily.