Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need suggestions for Open Gun Holster / Belt

shotgunone

manny bragg futuristic magnetic holster, There that just about covers all possible choices. It really is that varied. The CR Speed is an excellent holster to start out with. The others are probably a bit more advanced but that depends on the shooter and level of experience. I started out with the CR speed, tried a DAA but didn't prefer it and now use Manny Braggs' holster.

Hello: I would just add, buy the best and cry once. I went through a bunch of different stuff and I was lucky I could sell it off to those that actually like the stuff that did not work for me. Thanks, Eric

BEST advice in this thread !!!

I have tried:

DAA belt, CR speed hi-torque and CR speed hi-torque DELUXE. For me the deluxe was the clear winner. nicer quality, perfect amount of stiffness for me. Looks cool too with the pin strip detail.

DAA racer or race master are the best in mag pouches (have tried ghost 360, CR speed versa, DAA racer and race master and god knows what else). I actually prefer racers as they are lighter being plastic but I currently have one rig in racers and one with race masters.

for holster I've tried H&S CW5, Ghost, DAA race master (tension style), DAA race master magnetic, Manny Bragg Futuristic magnetic and CR speed.

The DAA race master magnetic or the manny bragg are my favourites. I slightly prefer the manny BUT the race master looks cooler and has the flexibility of being able to change out inserts to suit different grips/guns.

I also agree with buy once cry once. Good gear is not cheap but it's worth the $$. it lasts a long time and holds its value if you ever want to sell it.

so my gun rig given my experience with stuff looks like this:

CR speed hi-torque deluxe belt

manny bragg holster

DAA racer pouches (with magnet on first pouch)