Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet Dia

chetc

I have a 9mm M2 PPQ, i have not been getting the best accuracy from my loads, when i clean the barrel it seems like the patch runs thru it easier than my other 9mm;s, i have some 38/357 bullets 147gr that measure .357 dia, i have a hunch the barrel is just slightly larger than my other barrels, i did slug the barrel and it measure ,355, will there be any danger trying these bullets in the 9mm with 3.4 gr of w231 loaded at a col of 1.080

Chet

Edited by chetc

9x19 chambers can run from 0.354-0.362". If not using jacketed bullets, slug the barrel. I prefer to always slug the barrel and ensure that jacketed bullets are at least the same OD as the groove diameter. In fact. some of the my most accurate loads use 0.357" jacketed and 0.358" cast in all my 9x19s.

Safety won't be found at the end of a chrono, unless you have chronographed factory loads of the same bullet in factory loads through your gun, and even then I wouldn't count on more than a round estimate.

If you back off the COL, reduce the charge and work your way up--safer that way.