Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MKA 1919

brytec

The differences between the XN and pre-XN guns are found in the upper receiver.

Most upper parts will not interchange between the two.

If you have not yet bought the gun, try to get the XN version. Replacement bolts and drive blocks are still available for these.

Those of us with pre-XN guns are dreading the day when we discover a cracked bolt or busted drive block.

Bill

Bill, I have fitted both a complete XN bolt as well as an XN locking block to a pre-XN. Also I have a bunch of pre-XN drive blocks both factory and aftermarket on hand. Give us a call if you ever need one.

Thank you sir.

I will also share this with a local shooter that stuck his MKA 1919 in the far dark reaches of his gunsafe once the bolt cratered.

Bill

My match MKA 1919 has well over 3000 rds through it. Some folks have reported 6K to 12K without problems..

The weak links are the bolt, drive block and locking bolt.

So far I've not broken any of these pieces but I keep her on a steady diet of 1145 fps to 1200 fps 1-1/8 oz loads. I carry a box of 1300 fps loads for tough steel but will only use it when absolutely necessary.

As these guns evolve, parts from newer guns do not alway work in older guns. To that end (I shoot a pre-XN gun), I have a complete spare gun in the safe.

In my opinion, the MKA 1919 is a great shotgun for shooting Open/Unlimited however keeping them running long term may or may not be a problem. But then that's part of shooting Open. Everything we run is to be considered disposable.

Bill

I have been running my T&N built MKA 1919 for almost 2 years with thousands of round and no issues. I do keep a spare block in my parts kit. I run 1145 AA with full power Freedom slugs and some Remington high brass #6 for tough spinners. Love the gun for open and mags, can't beat 23 rounds with no re-loads.

gerritm

• 2 weeks later...

I got an X-N model. Tried low recoil bird shot and 3dram bird shot and it ran fine out of the box no cleaning. Tried some 1410fps slugs and it one shot, round catching on the edge of frame and barrel not going into barrel. Have not tried since.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one of the new "Match" models and have ~500 rounds of cheap Walmart 1200pfs Federals through it with no problems (with six different factory 10 rounders.) I picked up a 24 rounder, but think it's defective (won't chamber a single round. When inserted to lock, looks like the mag is too low and not pushing the movable feed lips up high enough.) The manufacturer agreed to take it back for an exchange.

2015-08-20%2018.51.25_zps4mzgfgar.jpg

Edited by Benl

benl, does that thing handle as absurdly as it looks? From the shoulder the end of the mag must be down at your pelvis or something.

my brother has a saiga but I've only shot it with the drum...I've seen competitors with the long mags when ro'ing and they seem to manage fine, but I'd never asked about them

benl, does that thing handle as absurdly as it looks? From the shoulder the end of the mag must be down at your pelvis or something.

my brother has a saiga but I've only shot it with the drum...I've seen competitors with the long mags when ro'ing and they seem to manage fine, but I'd never asked about them

Don't know, yet. I haven't gotten it to cycle well enough to shoot (spent an hour tweaking the feed ramps to no success.) I'm returning for an exchange, so can report once I've used it.

Edited by Benl

I have one of the new "Match" models and have ~500 rounds of cheap Walmart 1200pfs Federals through it with no problems (with six different factory 10 rounders.) I picked up a 24 rounder, but think it's defective (won't chamber a single round. When inserted to lock, looks like the mag is too low and not pushing the movable feed lips up high enough.) The manufacturer agreed to take it back for an exchange.

Other than the optics and mag, is that how you bought the gun? If so what's the model number?

Other than the optics and mag, is that how you bought the gun? If so what's the model number?

No, the forerail is also aftermarket (Tooth and Nail.) Other than that, I've done nothing else to it. The model is the new MKA 1919 Match; it has a shorter gas system to make it reliable out of the box with cheap, low brass shells (as well as an ambi safety, floating metal feed ramps, and a few other things.) So far, it's been very reliable with 10 round mags. They also make an MKA 1919 Match Pro that comes with the nicer than stock forerail, but it's a two piece system and I like that Tooth and Nail's is a one piece unit (once installed, it's very stiff; not a hint of movement.)

This is the Match Pro:

gw-m1919m-pro-682x383.1435599349.jpg

The only thing about it that isn't perfect is the trigger; it's a little heavy for my tastes. Probably ~8-9 lbs. Otherwise, I'm very happy with it, so far.

Edited by Benl