Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My CE Pro Chrono experience.

After reloading 5-6K 9mm rounds , I figured it was time to pull the trigger on my own chronograph...yea I know...late to the party.

After my due dillagance and research.....everybody has good and bad to say on all the popular models, I purchased a CE Pro digital model. I took it to the range yesterday on its maiden voyage. Got a new tripod , instruction absorbed??...set it up about 10 feet from the pistol with a back up target . I shot 12 different strings of different loads .....the machine preformed FLAWLESSL!!!!!!....Not only were all the shots recorded , but the summary data at the end of each string was excellent.

The Good: I would recommend this unit to anyone looking for an occasional pistol Chrony. The instructions are straight forward , the machine is simple to use , and you can actually see the data from 10' away.

The Bad: I did not realize you have to physically go to the unit to advance it to the next string. This is a royal pain....I'm investing in some device to eliminate this. The other bad news .....I am now the proud owner of 1200 rounds on 9 mm that barely make Minor power factor. Well I will use this stuff up and increase my charge for a better margin of error. I primarily use 3.4 grns. Of Vih. N320 with an Xtreme 147 HP from an STI Edge. Will increase to 3.5 - 3.6 for security .

I'm sure this is all old news to you pros .....but I found the whole process fascinating and the machine is excellent. Just my experiences!!

• 5 months later...

This has sold me on the ProCrono with Bluetooth. I just recently purchased reloading equipment and this will be my last piece of kit to get me started. I am really looking forward to developing my own loads that I can be confident will be right, make PF and be accurate. Last year I had commercial ammo sent to production nationals for me. I did not spring for the match ammo, assuming that the regular stuff would be fine. Well, my ammo did not make minor PF so I shot the whole match for fun and no score. I am definitely going to fix that this year with my own ammo. looking forward to getting a chrono and working on loads.