Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Infinity 5 inch sight tracker - what's it worth?

Red Ryder

Reserve is $6000. I agree that it maybe worth more because it in the republic of California and is exempt, but it is 9 Minor. This puts it in 3gun and those guys already spend ridiculous money on other shit. I think it's worth exactly what it would be worth in every other state, $4000 with no mags, because it is 9 minor. If it were in 40 cal, then $5000. If it were 45 cal, then 3200.

Edited by Red Ryder

Looks like a great gun for 3gun.

SV is on the CA Handgun Roster, so the only thing it's saving is some time for the build. It has an AET barrel so that makes it worth less to me since I shoot coated bullets. It may only have 2-300 rounds through it but this guy is the 2nd owner, so I don't know where he's getting a $6k reserve price from.

SV is on the CA Handgun Roster, so the only thing it's saving is some time for the build. It has an AET barrel so that makes it worth less to me since I shoot coated bullets. It may only have 2-300 rounds through it but this guy is the 2nd owner, so I don't know where he's getting a $6k reserve price from.

The SVI on the kommiefornia list is only in.45, so this exact pistol isn't easily available. I suspect someone will pay the reserve or more?

Teach me about AET barrels. Why can't you shoot coated bullets in it?

The SVI on the kommiefornia list is only in.45, so this exact pistol isn't easily available. I suspect someone will pay the reserve or more?

Any SVI can be purchased in California - SVI will sell you a .45, which you can legally DRoS in California, and then you send it back to them and they'll convert it to whatever you want.

That one will go for a lot more than 4k since it's already in california so it's exempt from the approved roster.

Yep, basically double what ever the fair market price is for a gun in california. Go over to Calguns and look at the selection of $4k Pythons......

Edited by bountyhunter

Any SVI can be purchased in California - SVI will sell you a .45, which you can legally DRoS in California, and then you send it back to them and they'll convert it to whatever you want.

Last time I did it, it cost about 75% of a new gun price to have a different caliber top end built up for my gun. It is legal, it is typically more pricey than buying a good used gun (if you can).

Edited by bountyhunter

Reserve is $6000. I agree that it maybe worth more because it in the republic of California and is exempt, but it is 9 Minor. This puts it in 3gun and those guys already spend ridiculous money on other shit. I think it's worth exactly what it would be worth in every other state, $4000 with no mags, because it is 9 minor. If it were in 40 cal, then $5000. If it were 45 cal, then 3200.

well given it's an SVI I assume it has the IBF. That means change to 40cal is just new mags, new barrel, possibly ejector, extractor and the right IBF? I think....

but yeah as it is it's a nice USPSA limited minor gun, steel challenge gun or super bling 3 gun. :)