Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ trigger not resetting

LancerKagato

Has anyone had this issue? I have messed around with the reset screw making it have extra travel after the reset. It did not fix the issue. It seems to only happen when I'm firing ammo, not during dry fires. Used two different types of 180gr. One was full power, one was at 950fps. Anyone have this happen and know what might be wrong?

Make sure your turning the screw the right way ;)

Can you actually see and feel that there is more pre travel?

Can you feel the reset?

If the pre travel is set correctly is the post travel sufficient?

If the post travel is not sufficient the trigger may not break reliably which you may be mistaking for the trigger not resetting.

Also try giving that area a good clean. If there is some residue build up it can cause intermittent problems.

I deflowered a brand new TS .40 yesterday and it had a similar problem. Every time I discharged a round, the trigger wouldn't reset, and manually pushing it forward yielded a reset click. I asked the gunsmith at the store I bought it from to adjust the pretravel screw before I take possession of it. Other than that it's a sweet, dandy gun!

Edited by Lior

You need to check the trigger bar spring. Its the U shape spring held in by the Magazine release screw. Either the mag release screw has backed out and is interfering with the trigger bar, or the trigger bar spring itself is not engaging the bottom of the trigger bar.

You need to tighten that screw until you see the trigger bar spring just start to pull away from the frame. Back the screw down until the spring is not pulling away and let it sit there. You need to loctite that screw in ( blue loctite ). Some will tell you to stake it ( it comes that way from the factory ), but that isn't necessary. i never had a problem using blue loctite.

I deflowered a brand new TS .40 yesterday and it had a similar problem. Every time I discharged a round, the trigger wouldn't reset, and manually pushing it forward yielded a reset click. I asked the gunsmith at the store I bought it from to adjust the preset screw before I take possession of it. Other than that it's a sweet, dandy gun!

My TS did the same first time out. Adjusted pre-travel, and works as it should.

• 2 weeks later...

You need to check the trigger bar spring. Its the U shape spring held in by the Magazine release screw. Either the mag release screw has backed out and is interfering with the trigger bar, or the trigger bar spring itself is not engaging the bottom of the trigger bar.

You need to tighten that screw until you see the trigger bar spring just start to pull away from the frame. Back the screw down until the spring is not pulling away and let it sit there. You need to loctite that screw in ( blue loctite ). Some will tell you to stake it ( it comes that way from the factory ), but that isn't necessary. i never had a problem using blue loctite.

I had this issue today.. All the sudden my trigger went dead with the mag out of the gun. Mag in the gun and the trigger worked fine. I looked in and found that this needed tightened down to keep the trigger bar spring in position, once tightened I had no issue, I did not locktite it yet..... that is until my TRS broke about 75 rounds later. . . finally got that figured out too, thankfully I had tacked on a TRS to my recent CGW order.

• 6 years later...

Hey guys I bought a new TS 2 about 10 days ago. My bro and I went to range yesterday. I got off 3 rounds before realizing the trigger wasn’t resetting. If I push slightly forward on the back of the trigger I can hear a very faint reset. I read the threads about the trigger adjustment but nothing I do makes any difference. Your thoughts pls. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...