Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lightest daylight visible scope

caz41

What power range? What is your definition of "daylight visible"? The Weaver V3 1-3x is VERY compact and light, and has a traditional non-illuminated duplex reticle that is easy to see under almost any circumstances. Really good glass for the $$$. If the lightest possible weight is the absolute priority, it is a good choice, and the price is hard to beat. Not sure this is the answer you were looking for though.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

I think that the mini ACOGs are about as light as you are going to find at 5 or 6 oz. in a magnified optic.

He is probably right. The Vortex and Burris prism optics (1, 3, 5x) are very bright, but weight at least twice the ACOGs.

What power range? What is your definition of "daylight visible"? The Weaver V3 1-3x is VERY compact and light, and has a traditional non-illuminated duplex reticle that is easy to see under almost any circumstances. Really good glass for the $$$. If the lightest possible weight is the absolute priority, it is a good choice, and the price is hard to beat. Not sure this is the answer you were looking for though.

1-3, 1-4, 1-6. I define daylight visible as swaro, razor, firedot bright. Something I can run both eyes open on a sunny day

Caz, if you want people to share information with you it would be far more polite to share a few more details up front. It seems what you really want is for the group to do a little research for you that you could just as easily do for yourself.

Caz, if you want people to share information with you it would be far more polite to share a few more details up front. It seems what you really want is for the group to do a little research for you that you could just as easily do for yourself.

Not really, I've reasearched to the best that I can. Knowing which scopes are daylight visible by 3 gun standards isn't something that is easily googled, and I don't know that some people understand what most of us consider "daylight visible" since I've read plenty of posts of people talking about the Mtac/strike eagle etc are daylight bright. I can and have looked up plenty of weights listed online, but there are also scopes that I've never thought much of.

The info I'm looking for is this, I got a new JP ultra light upper and I think that putting a Razor 1-6 on top of it defeats the purpose of having said upper. SO a scope that is anywhere in the magnification range 1-3,4,5,6 etc that is very light and is daylight bright would be ideal.

I'd never looked all that closely at the Leupolds before, but as I, too, am building a light upper, that VX6 is looking tempting...

Anyone have a favorite reticle on the VX6? The CM-R2 and the FireDot-SPR both look good.

1-3, 1-4, 1-6. I define daylight visible as swaro, razor, firedot bright. Something I can run both eyes open on a sunny day

The Weaver V3 satisfies your requirements.No illumination, but it does what you say you want.

I'd never looked all that closely at the Leupolds before, but as I, too, am building a light upper, that VX6 is looking tempting...

Anyone have a favorite reticle on the VX6? The CM-R2 and the FireDot-SPR both look good.

If you are looking at the vx6 line- yes it is very light-the glass and fov looks very good. but the CM-r reticle that looks awesome on a computer in black and white is not close to being daylight visible. the firedot is yes visible in the daytime. but if you are looking at the vx6 the firedots are the only option if you want a daylight visible dot, although their issue is the push button illum controls being not as intuitive as leopolds advertising would have you believe. the tr24r would be the scope of choice- the best in class illumination very light weight.