Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Titegroup Shooting Higher than WST

b1gcountry

I tried my first batch of titegroup with some 125gr SNS 9mm. The WST shoots poa/poi, but I was holding 6" low at 35 yards with the titegroup.

I'm not really sure what causes loads to shoot different like this. It seemed pretty significant. Anyone else find titegroup shoots higher than other powders?

3.6gr and 3.8gr titegroup under a 125gr clrn

Generally, lower velocity will cause the gun to shoot higher as there is more dwell time in the barrel so the barrel has risen more when the bullet exits the muzzle. If the velocity of both loads is essentially the same then there is some other reason in your case.

Generally, lower velocity will cause the gun to shoot higher as there is more dwell time in the barrel so the barrel has risen more when the bullet exits the muzzle. If the velocity of both loads is essentially the same then there is some other reason in your case.

Yeah kinda backwards from what you would think would happen.

Did you also notice that the gun was significantly hotter (degrees) ? I used to shoot exclusively WST, never once recalled the gun being hot. I shoot Titegroup now and routinely burn myself on the slide.

Tight group burning hotter is a known fact, some say it may even shorten the life of a barrel

It was hot, but it was also 100 degrees outside. I heard about the tg burning hot, but when it is that hot outside, my gun just never cools down.

Really, I just picked up a variety of powder so I can develop a few fall back loads in case of another powder shortage.

Or should I say for the next powder shortage when they elect Hillary?