Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 1050 right for me?

I have my 1050 base at 37.5" - basically a reporposed set of kitchen cabinetry, 3 layers of 3/4" plywood for a bench top and the press is bolted to another piece of 3/4" plywood which is screwed down to the bench top in case I ever want to move it. Which I don't.

At the longest and highest leverage handle position the top of the handle is at 17.5" from the base at 12:00 and the middle of the pivot arm at the bottom is 3.5" from the base.

Looking at the press from the right/handle side, tt the top of the troke the handle goes to 1:00. At the bottom of the stroke the handle goes to about 7:30. At 7:30 the handle is maybe 10" BELOW the povit point and 31.5" from the floor. I am 6' tall and this is as LOW as I would want the press mounted with the handle in the longest position.

The 2 shorter handle postions at 1" apart, so the top could be at 15.5", 16.5" or 17.5" and the base pivot will always be at 3.5".

My arm starts a little less than level, and ends a little less than vertical in a slightly wide stance.

Lots, possiby too much detail but I hope it helps. I'm now considering RAISING my press a bit.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic