Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Non-Round Carbon fiber handguards?

D.Hayden

Thanks for those other links.. nice to see some options

The Lancers do look good, this would be a new build to replace the aging JP. If you have one.. which model did you go with?

I want the 16.5" long if I go with the 18", or the 14.6 if I go with a 16" - still leaning toward the 18

I have the Lancer handguard. The ring on the end of handguard came off at my last 3gun match. It should be easy enough to glue back on but it should not have happened. The handguard did not save any weight over an aluminum one. The barrel nut is a beast and weighs a lot. The carbon fiber part is fairly light so all of the weight is right in front of the magwell. My rifle balances well with a medium 18" barrel. If I had to do it over again, I would save some money and get a Carbon Arms handguard for the lighter weight.

The Lancers do look good, this would be a new build to replace the aging JP. If you have one.. which model did you go with?

I want the 16.5" long if I go with the 18", or the 14.6 if I go with a 16" - still leaning toward the 18

extra long with cooling slots-weighs nothing.

post-2786-0-69249000-1441323635_thumb.jp

not the hex but just to show how a rifle length plus (14.6) looks like on a 18 and i like it just enough to cover and make it easy to adjust the gas block.

20150904_214135.jpg

20150904_214044.jpg

lancer long length for 16" is really nice. nut is exactly the same as JP, if you happen to be going from those.

can anyone else confirm this? will the Lancer hand guard work on a JP barrel nut?

If I can remember I'll try it tonight as by chance I have one of both on my bench right now.

lancer long length for 16" is really nice. nut is exactly the same as JP, if you happen to be going from those.

can anyone else confirm this? will the Lancer hand guard work on a JP barrel nut?

If I can remember I'll try it tonight as by chance I have one of both on my bench right now.

thanks

thanks

So at least the lancer that I have and the jp vtac nut that I compared it against are not the same. The outside of the jp part that screws onto the upper receiver is round where the round float tube slides on. The corresponding Lancer part is octagonal as you might have expected to match the octagonal float tube. Now there could be a different lancer tube?