Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
anilson

Pimp you Gun Special

Hi Enos World

Special till the end of 2015.

Send us your gun and get a trigger job ($300) and internal tune ($300) together for $500 and we will pay the return shipping.

Adam

A big thank you for the work you did on this Apeiro! When I got it back I couldn't believe how much better it unlocked and the trigger is simply the best I have ever felt! Because of my work schedule I wasn't able to shoot this until the recent INDIANA state match, your work proved itself as I was able to finish 8th place in B class LTD out of 30! This is way higher then my usual because of the way this gun shoots I simply cant put into words how much better you made this gun. Several of my friends that looked at my Apeiro after you worked on it was just amazed at how the slide unlocked and that trigger!

So I highly recommend your work and will tell everyone I can to give you a call! So for now im going to enjoy shooting this and trying to make up my mind to have a 5" or a 6" gun built over the winter!

Thank you Greg

I have a question regarding easy unlock. I get the impression from some gunsmiths that a tight lockup is desired. You seem to be performing tuning to make unlocking very easy. Why the disparity? What are the pros and cons of tight versus a smooth unlock?

Here is the thing that is most misunderstood about semi-auto handguns.

The gun needs to be tight when fully in battery. The barrel fit (making sure the barrel returns to the same position every time) is very important.

Having a gun that locks up tight does not mean that it needs to unlock hard. Our guns unlock easy and still lock up tight. The only way to make that happen is to do lots of hand fitting. Not many builders are taking the time to hand fit the guns the same way we do. (if you want a $2500 semi custom we are not the builder for you) If you hear from your builder that you need to break the gun in, then they did not do all the internal tuning that we do. Our guns are sent with all the break in done by hand with magnification.

We can also tune your gun so that it unlocks easy (it will be a really good gun) but the only way to make a $4-5K fully custom gun (amazing gun) is to start from the ground up.

I will do a you tube video soon that will show details about whats important in a 1911 type pistol.

Edited by anilson

What is the turn around time right now for this work? Also, what kind of work is done on an "internal tune"? I'm pretty clueless about 2011's...... Thanks!

Edited by 3djedi

What we do in the tune is Top Secret!

If you call me i will give more details.