Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grips....Big Butt or Miculek? N frame guns

mikeAZ

I have smaller hands and use the N frame "Big Butt" grips (contoured by me). They seem to be the most prevalent. I'd wondered if the Miculek's might feel better for smaller hands?. I don't remember seeing the Miculek grips being used, so I'm kind of at a disadvantage as for "trying" them.... Thanks.

I also have small hands, actually short fingers, The Miculeks were ok fit wise, but no better than Hogue rubber grips. And the wood grips beat the heck out of the web of my thumb. I have toughened hands from physical work yet 300 rounds would split the web consistently with Major PF. They don't seem to do it at that point with the minor PF loads though.

I use either Hogue Rubber grips, with the finger grooves ground down to a nub and material shaved off of the left side of the upper tang so unloaded moon clips fall free. Or Hogue Rubber Big Butts with the wood big butt bottom contoured to fit me better and material taken off of the left side upper tang.

For the money the best value are the regular Hogue Rubber Grips though.

I use the Miculek grips on all my revolvers. I like the contour and it fits my hand well. I also like how I can easily manipulate them in my hand (WHO/SHO stuff, or when reloading, being able to slide my hand back to position on them). I have experience with the Hogue rubber grips, and I'm not a fan of the rubber, it's to tacky/sticky for me. I have not used the Hogue big wood grips, but I wouldn't mind giving them a try.

I use the Miculek grips on all my revolvers. I like the contour and it fits my hand well. I also like how I can easily manipulate them in my hand (WHO/SHO stuff, or when reloading, being able to slide my hand back to position on them). I have experience with the Hogue rubber grips, and I'm not a fan of the rubber, it's to tacky/sticky for me. I have not used the Hogue big wood grips, but I wouldn't mind giving them a try.

New Hogue Rubber grips are a bit tacky, but as they are handled they smooth out and I've never had a problem with sliding one around in my hand. And I do the switch hand reloads. But I also don't like a real slick grip, as most times if I get a bad grip it's just faster to shoot than worry about grip placement to me. What I don't like is a grip that shifts in my hand as I shoot though. But it boils down to personal preferences.