Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custer Sportsmans Club / Jefferson County Sportsman Club question

Where exactly did you just move to?

USPSA at Custer this Sunday, tons of 3 gun guys shoot that match too, check out http://custersportsmensclub.com

Marysville also has 3 gun and USPSA. If you're closer to Port Townsend I think there's an active IDPA club there. Whidbey Island has 3 clubs, a mix of steel, pins and IDPA.

Welcome to the area, tons going on, and local GMs in every division!

Google the clubs and there will be info on their sites to get you going. They also have matches at marysville once a month. Also you might want to join the fb group uspsa-washington state shooters as the folks that run the matches make announcements there.

I have googled every club within 200 miles, I will definitely join the fb

Where exactly did you just move to?

USPSA at Custer this Sunday, tons of 3 gun guys shoot that match too, check out http://custersportsmensclub.com

Marysville also has 3 gun and USPSA. If you're closer to Port Townsend I think there's an active IDPA club there. Whidbey Island has 3 clubs, a mix of steel, pins and IDPA.

Welcome to the area, tons going on, and local GMs in every division!

We just moved to Lacey, WA. I saw the USPSA match up there but I don't know to much about USPSA. I am a 3 gun addict and I have a Glock 34 thats definitely not near production. I saw the Port Townsend location and want to try it out as well. I was super active shooting in TN and KY before I moved and I am just trying to get back into it as quick as possible. Thanks for the info!

Seeing you are in Lacey maybe look into clubs near Portland considering you are closer to there than Custer.

Eta never mind. You looked at all within 200 miles. Duh...

I have looked online, found out before that sometimes word of mouth is the only way to find out about certain matches. Do you know of any 3 gun clubs in the Portland area?

I've never shot at Port Townsend but I hear it's a fine match.

I tend to hit up Custer and Marysville for multigun. Custer has a really nice match- they have huge bays and a match director that makes very interesting stages. They do 2nd Saturday each month.

Marysville has slightly smaller bays and the USPSA multigun ruleset I think makes for slightly less interesting stages, but it's still a very fun match. They do 4th Sunday each month.

There is a small match (4 stages) 1st Thursday evenings each month at Black Diamond Gun Club.

Firearms Academy of Seattle (which is actually in Centralia despite the name) now does 3 gun matches 2nd Sundays. I hear it's an extremely nice range and they only just started doing multigun, never been there myself.

There's a large 3 gun scene in Oregon, but I don't know as much about it. COSSA (in Bend) has matches as does Team Croc in Dundee.

The USPSA scene is huge here too as others have mentioned. We have USPSA every Sunday if you wanna come out to one of the matches. :)

http://northwestsection.org/

I tend to hit up Custer and Marysville for multigun. Custer has a really nice match- they have huge bays and a match director that makes very interesting stages. They do 2nd Saturday each month.

Marysville has slightly smaller bays and the USPSA multigun ruleset I think makes for slightly less interesting stages, but it's still a very fun match. They do 4th Sunday each month.

There is a small match (4 stages) 1st Thursday evenings each month at Black Diamond Gun Club.

Firearms Academy of Seattle (which is actually in Centralia despite the name) now does 3 gun matches 2nd Sundays. I hear it's an extremely nice range and they only just started doing multigun, never been there myself.

There's a large 3 gun scene in Oregon, but I don't know as much about it. COSSA (in Bend) has matches as does Team Croc in Dundee.

The USPSA scene is huge here too as others have mentioned. We have USPSA every Sunday if you wanna come out to one of the matches. :)

Thanks for all the info! I am a 3 gun addict and had a lot of nice ranges to shoot at in Tennessee. I want to try USPSA, but for now I just want to use it for 3 gun practice. I am looking into getting a 2011 in 9mm and .40 so I can shoot both. I need to find a range close to get safety checked for USPSA (I had no idea I needed that). I am in Lacey and willing to drive if the matches are worth it

The 4 big Sunday matches are good. Really good. I haven't shot any of the week nights, but knowing the locals they are as well.

You're closest to Paul Bunyan, then Renton. Contacts should be on the northwest section website for safety checks.

Thanks for all the info! I am a 3 gun addict and had a lot of nice ranges to shoot at in Tennessee. I want to try USPSA, but for now I just want to use it for 3 gun practice. I am looking into getting a 2011 in 9mm and .40 so I can shoot both. I need to find a range close to get safety checked for USPSA (I had no idea I needed that). I am in Lacey and willing to drive if the matches are worth it

No problem! Oh, it occurred to me to mention, Custer is having its yearly Z-pocalypse Toys for Tots charity 3-gun match next month. It's pretty fun.

https://practiscore.com/z-pocalypse-2015/register