Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IMM load data

Open1215

Hello. I have done a search and it seems to have some widely varying data.

I am picking up a 3rd 4th or 5th hand infinity imm (idk if it was built by Brandon or parts)

Here's what I know. Svi 3 port comp 4 holes in ribbed barrel. (I don't know make.

Gun was purchased from a guy who got it to shoot open and never got around to shooting it.

I'm looking for 115g data. I will be using montana gold 115g jhp

I have 3n38 and N 105.

I also have hs-6, hs-7, AA7, WAC, cfe pistol and longshot. I use cci 400 SRP and starline sc or tj brass.

Thank you all! b38a98966e57ada0722558f694136f11.jpg

My Akai also has 4 popple holes, it Is going to be difficult to make major with 115 and N105. My load is 124 MG JHP on top of 11.3 gr of N105, 172 PF, at 11.8gr there is no more room in the case. This a highly compressed load . I still have not tried 3N38.

Edited by dvc4you

That looks like an older model? Have you tried contacting Brandon yet, he can tell you based on the serial number at a min. when the frame was manufactured and/or was it a factory build or parts sent to a gunsmith.

On those older guns they highly recommended using 3n38 powder only.

Good luck

It is 38 super. Yes it is an older one. I can't tell if it's parts gun or who built it. I don't have the gun I'm my hands yet. It's on the way. I should have it by weeks end. I do know it's a plastic grip. Caspian slide. No clue if it's a replacement or what.

10gr of HS-6 should be what I would try with 115s.[/quote

Careful loading 10 grains of hs6. The last lot of hs6 I purchased was hot. 9.4 grains out of a super comp made 173 pf. I also had a lot of flat primers. My next order of bullets will be 124's.

Forget the longshot......Brandon recommends 3N38 in IMMs. I doubt 115 will make it with those holes (they are the LARGE holes yes?)

121 IFPs and 3N38 make a great load. If memory serves me right --9.8 grns to start. You will probably end up at 10.

I use HS6 for 9 Major and put 9 grains behind a 115, but I have 5 popple holes (much smaller than yours).

They appear to be larger holes. I have only seen the pictures. I was planning on picking it up today. The ffl sending it screwed around and never shipped it. So 2 day air ready at 9am on the 2nd will now arrive on the 8th... yaaaa. Not happy with them at the moment.

I have 10.5g 3n38 loaded. It's a great load. I need to chrono it over my sti I picked up today. If I need to go 11g w the svi I will. LOTS OF GAS!

If it's like the imm's ive seen the holes are actually not that big. They are kind of funnel shaped/countersunk so not as big as they look at the top of the barrel rib. They taper down to like 2-3mm. Around 1/8 or 3/16.

Edit: you won't need 11gn 3n38 and I'm not sure that'd fit in a 38 super without being heavily compressed. I'd say 10gn or even less of 3n38 will be a good starting load. :)

Edited by BeerBaron